Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How Low Is Too Low ?

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of body kit's, especially those that arent factory fitted. I've always had the belief that they should be reserved for the genuine cars. Only my opinion though It could always be a VN with a VT Clubsport kit

At least it will be how you want it this time and you'll know the car back to front. I think VS is the model without the large moulding indentation.

Jake.

Locksmiff

Reaction score
QUOTE (OSL060 @ Jan 7 2004, 12:34 PM) I'm not a big fan of body kit's, especially those that arent factory fitted. I've always had the belief that they should be reserved for the genuine cars. Only my opinion though It could always be a VN with a VT Clubsport kit

|I am not a big fan of older commies with newer commies kits on them. I brought it with that bumper on it. I didn't know until the day I took it off to repair, as it got fairly nicely rooted when I turned to sharp from my driveway and collected the fence . I saw the letters HSV in the bottom corner. I sold it to a dude for 150 which he made a mould of it for me so I could make another couple to chop up etc and make a custom kit for the car.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
At least a custom kit will be unique To me there's nothing unique about a Group A/SV5000/Clubsport/Senator etc kitted V6 Commodore, every P-Plater and his mates have them. No matter what model car, I always liked the clean straight and original look. Sleeper It's probably rarer to see a really mint VN with just suspension and rims.

Jake

*Edit* Sorry for whoring your thread gobbles

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
haha its cool im enjoying the discussion.....
i dont see the problem with kitting a standard 6....sure it makes it look like something its not but if the owner wants to make his car look like that then its his choise....although a standard 6 with a GTS kit on it....that might be taking it a bit too far....although i do want the GTS wing on my VS :S

Locksmiff

Reaction score
Talking about kits when lowering take the sideskirts into consideration. I have watched my car in a mirrored window, while going over a certain speedhump. It would have ripped the thing clean off, even though the bumper makes it over it, only just fine, or the Senator one, as it is a stock bumper right now, and I havernt been over it with the stock one.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong Gobble's I'm not personally attacking anyone with a kit or anyone who wants to fit one. I was just sharing my humble opinion. I've never been known to give anyone sh!t about their cars. To me it's like this- If they like it, it keeps them busy, keeps them out of trouble then great, rice up your ride until your blue in the face All that matters is that your happy and you enjoy it. I just think your car should be personalised and not look like every other commonwhore out there. We can't pretend they arent the most commonly modified vehicle in Australia. I used to have an XD Fairmont as my first car (forgive me father for I have sinned- and also owned 10 cars since ) Anyway it was electric blue, with crager rims, alot of time and money spent on the crossflow and paint and panel. One day I pulled into the service station and a guy from Toowoomba pulled in at the same time, it was like looking into a mirror, his car was exactly the same. It's just as bad as going out and finding your best mate wearing the same shirt

I have picture of a VS here somewhere which is very subtle, but to me looks absolutely mint for a V6.

I'll go find it

Regards

Postwhore.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
This is Soluble's VS from Ozperformance and is my all time favourite looking V6 VS.

Before

After

Very classy and my type of car

Jake

R

Robbie

Jake,

You're right.. that thing is beautiful... What's the kit on it??

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
It's just the SS add on kit. Had one once (the SS not the kit) .

Jake.

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
Hey I want to get VT style indicators for my VS, where in the hell do i get them from?