Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How low should I go???

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Hah, I know of speed humps that will make stock height Commodores scrape :(

Umina Beach carpark anyone?

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Found out that the springs are pedders superlow, not ultra low. I'm not going to bother getting shockers for now, or a camber kit as there's no need. Just a wheel allignment, a week after installation.

Cheers all for the advice. I'll post pics when it's done

Last edited:

seabass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina 3.8 M5
100mm is the legal limit, if ya roll a 100mm peach can under your can and it hits anything, it classified as illegal, (exhaust included)

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Cheers. I done a quick search but couldn't find much. If I was driving my car with 1,2,3 or 4 passengers and was pulled over by a police officer; would he measure the height of my car with passenger's in the car or without the load of the passenger's?????????????

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
DavidPartay said:
Hah, I know of speed humps that will make stock height Commodores scrape :(

Umina Beach carpark anyone?

Chisholm institute of tafe in dandy is a bitch for that too, i know a guy who cracked his gearbox case on one there and i dont think the car was lowered.

the only reason u really need shockers it so that the springs cant fall out of the car bounces, if the springs can fall out then it can be deemed un roadworthy.

plus if you do the shocks it will ride nicer, i have lowered my car just with springs (superlows) im happy with the height, any lower and it would be impractical for a daily driver. however i havent changed the shocks, it has given me a great appreciation for how S.HIT australian roads really are.

with the super lows i can jack it up and the springs dont fall out, however i think a mate of mine with ultras said his do, so definatly look at doing the shocks

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
seabass said:
100mm is the legal limit, if ya roll a 100mm peach can under your can and it hits anything, it classified as illegal, (exhaust included)

Would that be a 825g Peach can ?

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
ruso said:
Cheers. I done a quick search but couldn't find much. If I was driving my car with 1,2,3 or 4 passengers and was pulled over by a police officer; would he measure the height of my car with passenger's in the car or without the load of the passenger's?????????????

Ruso, in WA they can ask for passengers to be in the car. Basically the 10cm off the ground is fully loaded so basically 5 people and a nominal weight in the boot.

Just make sure if your out cruising you only take your skinny mates :rofl:

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Luckily my mates aren't big eaters........:thumbsup:

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Well I still havn't lowered my car after too many months. Was told to go to Tyre Factory in Footscray. And was quoted for King Spring Superlows fitted and Munroe GT GAS shocks all round - $760 including all parts and labour.

This seems very decent to me, any advice???

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
yeah i have some.....piss off the munroe shocks and get kyb instead....a little more expensive but better product by a long shot