Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How low should I go???

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
I'm finally ready to get my 02 VX Commodore Acclaim S2 lowered. Hopefully I'll be getting it done next week, if not the one after. I'm after some opinions on how low I should go (thinking of superlow in front and ultra low in rear) and weather or not I should spray paint the black skirts, white instead of putting on a kit for the time being???

Attached are photo's I edited in Photoshop.

Cheers

Attachments

• lowered copy.jpg
    lowered copy.jpg
    491.3 KB · Views: 2,574
  • lowered+kit copy.jpg
    lowered+kit copy.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 891
  • acclaim.jpg
    acclaim.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 702

VY03

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Acclaim
I reckon superlows front and rear as any lower in the back can cause more problems you don't want
Yep paint the side skirts as it will make it look lower and get the side mirrors color coded as well for good measure

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Cheers VY03. Only concern I have with going superlows all round is that I will not be satisfied with the height. I've seen many photo's of other commodores with superlows on this forum, and the owners aren't very happy with the height. Many think it is still to high???

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
Those "many" have only one thing in mind,looks.If you want to bash the paint off your painted black skirts,then over time any lower than superlow is the way to go.My opinion is that,anyone who lowers their car(in this case,a commodore,other brands may vary)any lower than say-2" well you are sacrificing your ride quality.

VY03

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Acclaim
Maybe so but thats the price you pay for better looks and handling

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
VY03 said:
Maybe so but thats the price you pay for better looks and handling
Handling may neutralize,but looks will deteriorate.Over time,a shorter time.

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
beeks at the moment I'm after looks and handling, can't afford many engine mods. But the main problem I have with superlows all round, is that you still have a noticeable gap between the top of the tyre and the guard. And this is what really annoys the crap out of me, cause if you are gonna get your car lowered then you'd get it done right the first time. If you think Ultra low will be too low, I guess I'll just be driving at snail's pace over bumps and humps. But hey I'm happy to pay the price for looks..............Thanks for the advice anywayz

Cheers

B

buzurk

alotta ppl i seen are going Kings, SSL at fron and SSSL at rear and its a realyl nice height wheels sit in the guards nicely

thats what im going for

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Cheers buzurk. What's the difference between Ultra low and either SSL or SSSL. Is Ultra low just another name?????

daz08

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY11 V6 Calais SII
I have kings sl's all round and i reccomend changing your suspension aswell (if you dont already plan to do so) because i bottom out on sum bumps in the road.

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    624.5 KB · Views: 674