Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How low will Super-low or Low springs make my VS commodore?

samd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive V6
I've got a 95' VS Executive, I've just put some 17" rims on it and want to lower it enough just to make the gap in the guards a bit smaller. Does anyone know how low Super-low and Low springs will make it??

Chrispy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais, 2015 Daytona 675R
Superlows front and rear on 18's

Attachments

• DSC00163.jpg
    DSC00163.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 8,908

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Lows are about FE2 height, so about the height of any VS SS or HSV. Superlows are lower and you will need to change to shortened shocks to fit them. If you want a pic of lows, have a look at my ride thread. http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vr-vs/157923-f-l-ks-94-vr-exec.html

correct and incorrect.

Lows sit roughly FE2 height, so about the same as an SS or HSV.
Superlows are an inch lower then that roughly, but you do not need shortened shocks. they are recommended, not needed.

vscom88

Andrew-
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
correct and incorrect.

Lows sit roughly FE2 height, so about the same as an SS or HSV.
Superlows are an inch lower then that roughly, but you do not need shortened shocks. they are recommended, not needed.

This is a huge thread dig but I'm sick and tired of reading garbage so I'm going to give my opinion on the matter. Take it for what you will but I fit springs on a regular basis at work and have done testing to my own car before acquiring such job.

King spring SL WILL require a shortened/stiff shock, it doesn't matter what anyone says. The spring is too low and brand new monroe GT gas reflex struts will make the car nose down too hard and dive up. This will give you poor braking and poor take off.

Fit Monroe gt sport or equivalent struts/shocks to the car with a stiffer travel and the car will ride far better. The nosing over on braking conditions is so dangerous. Coming up a driveway and the car will just bounce several times and feel like utter crap.