Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How many are left?

FBEKEJEH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 304
I was also wondering about the survival rates of the earlier commodores.
Here are my guesses.
I would imagine the HSVs eg Clubsports and Senators to have a high survival rate as would have been purchased and looked after by car lovers. So maybe allow a survival rate of >80% which would allow for those that have been crashed and written off.
Also the SS models would have been well looked after but a higher number would have been crashed and a some turned into projects and donor cars for projects maybe > 60% survival rates.
The Calais once again would have initially been well loved being an upmarket model, there may be a difference between the v8 and v6 survival rate.
Then take the likes of the VN and VP excutive and berlina which over the years would have been used and abused and then scrapped at end of life. Maybe a survival rate of less than 10%

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
A year and a bit on

The number of private saleads on Carsales is now 69500, or a drop of 8% or so

However, the number of commodores on offer has dropped dramatically.

VN - 19. Up a bit. Values on the rise, many now being flipped a bit.

VP - 15. Same?

VR - 16. Stable.

VS - 40

VT - 71

VX - 106

VY - 133

VZ - 191

VE - 986.

When you see many of the eg VT/VXs on the market, many/most are very very cheap, poor condition, and are a minor prang or breakdown from going to the wreckers.

Interestingly my local wreckers doesn’t get that many VT/VX any more, but are still getting a reasonable number of VY-VZ models. See more and more VEs all the time.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I was also wondering about the survival rates of the earlier commodores.
Here are my guesses.
I would imagine the HSVs eg Clubsports and Senators to have a high survival rate as would have been purchased and looked after by car lovers. So maybe allow a survival rate of >80% which would allow for those that have been crashed and written off.
Also the SS models would have been well looked after but a higher number would have been crashed and a some turned into projects and donor cars for projects maybe > 60% survival rates.
The Calais once again would have initially been well loved being an upmarket model, there may be a difference between the v8 and v6 survival rate.
Then take the likes of the VN and VP excutive and berlina which over the years would have been used and abused and then scrapped at end of life. Maybe a survival rate of less than 10%

i think it's less car lovers and more people who can afford to do actual maintenance buy higher end models, in general that is. most of the used pov packs get bought by people who drive them into the ground and don't maintain them.

gluten3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY L67
Interestingly my local wreckers doesn’t get that many VT/VX any more, but are still getting a reasonable number of VY-VZ models. See more and more VEs all the time.

I was at a wreckers who had 1 alloy wheel matching mine, and I asked him about the older Dunnydores: he said he hasn't had a VN for yonks.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I was at a wreckers who had 1 alloy wheel matching mine, and I asked him about the older Dunnydores: he said he hasn't had a VN for yonks.

It was similar when I had my VB in the early 2010s; VNs are now at the age where they are starting to appreciate. I see a few for sale being marketed as barn finds/ projects. As such the rough cars now find buyers, rather than the customary $100-200 a wrecker may give you....

FBEKEJEH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 304
gonna alter my early guess at the survival rate of cars. here in NZ was talking to the owner of a VP Clubsport. There were approx 67 or 77 VP Clubsports imported to NZ, the owner had checked and believed only about 17 were still registered on the road. that would give you a survival rate of only 22% on the road ( may be some unregistered cars tucked away in garages)
That is a pretty low survival rate for what was a premium model commodore.