Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How many are left?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I was there about 2 years ago and the place was chockers. They had an outdoor annex full of Soviet era cars …. Trabants, Zils and others that I had never heard of. Not there now.
The showroom is spotlessly clean and the cars very well presented, and all the cars on show are for sale. A white VC Brock $85,000.
A lot of Ferraris, some British cars with long forgotten names, and the usual smattering of desirable old Holdens, Fords and Valiants. A light green FE ute and a white Mk1 Zephyr, both of which could have been my Dad’s, and what I learned to drive in.
The most interesting are the 60s > 70s Yank tanks. Metres of unnecessary sheet metal, but they have character, something that is missing from today’s same as same cookie cutter cars.
Worth a visit, just to be able to say you have been there, and a lot of old farts reminiscing about what they had, so it is easy to strike up a conversation.
Steady old son. I went through there last year and spent half a day reminiscing about what I'd owned once... It's an official Old Farts activity.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Nice, even the missus wants to go.
Sounds allot like the motorcycle museum at Tamworth ( although it's not that big)
Had been wanting to go to it for years and finally in the end of 2013 had to go up there for some training so made it into the museum .
Been to the motorcycle museum in Nabiac, that's brilliant because it's not just bikes, so much memorabilia, stories , artifacts and history.
Spent hours in there and missus was just as happy spending that much time there as well because of everything there other than the bikes.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Commodores certainly aren't 'endangered', quite a few still are getting out....

But......

I remember when I got my VB in 2009. First Commodore I ever had. In Orange, there were another 2/3 VB/VCs in regular usage in Orange....but in the space of a few months I didn't see them anymore.

Elsewhere in Orange.....there is a tidy survivor Green VH SLE, a mint white VL Exec Sedan, A dilapidated VN Exec in white, a tidy and very rare VP Berlina in Teal. A friend has a VS whose clear has failed (he bought it new).

Newer models more common obviously, but certainly not the front-and-centre of the automotive scene they were in the 90s. That title now goes to Mazda3/i30/Corolla/Golf or the Santa Fe/CX3/RAV4/CRV. My housing estate is 50% rentals and they are miners so utes and SUVs abound.

Henry the octopus

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 ss
Dude up the road has a VS Maloo. Somewhere in the last few years most of them disappeared and now they stand out like dogs balls. Cooler now than they've ever been. I like this thread. Keep counting

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dude up the road has a VS Maloo. Somewhere in the last few years most of them disappeared and now they stand out like dogs balls. Cooler now than they've ever been. I like this thread. Keep counting

What color is the maloo ?
Where abouts in newy ?
I've seen a really nice ( obviously) restored red one out towards the bay.
Think there's a silver one out medowie way.
The guy who runs / set up Facebook club vr_vs maloo has a black series III out camron park way.
Mine's botanica mica.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
somewhere in the last few years most of them disappeared and now they stand out like dogs balls. Cooler now than they've ever been.

Why I don't want to part with mine.
Plus while ( being older now= more trouble = more issues) when it's sweet = just fantastic .

Henry the octopus

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 ss
What color is the maloo ?
Where abouts in newy ?
I've seen a really nice ( obviously) restored red one out towards the bay.
Think there's a silver one out medowie way.
The guy who runs / set up Facebook club vr_vs maloo has a black series III out camron park way.
Mine's botanica mica.

Sorry. Off air for a long time. Its in merewether heights every now and again. Have only seen it once or twice lately.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
That sounds like there's another one in the general area .
Geez , they're starting to be common, ha ha ha.
Well not really bet there's way more replicas or part replicas than genuine.

clocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Mine is a 1993 VR Exec sedan. Still see a few around at least VN onwards but... my VR is also a 6 seater with column shift auto and it's never been a taxi - rather it was ordered that way ex-factory. I wonder how many examples in that configuration would still be around given that the taxi-packs were likely to have been crushed a very long time ago. Anyone know of a VR exec sedan with column shift auto?

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Mine is a 1993 VR Exec sedan. Still see a few around at least VN onwards but... my VR is also a 6 seater with column shift auto and it's never been a taxi - rather it was ordered that way ex-factory. I wonder how many examples in that configuration would still be around given that the taxi-packs were likely to have been crushed a very long time ago. Anyone know of a VR exec sedan with column shift auto?

I see such vehicles come up every now and then. Hardly any would have been ordered new. Even fewer would survive now. Possibly a private buyer with a larger family. Falcon was available as a six seater up til the EL, as well.