Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how many hsv vs statesmen were made.

Mario K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Hi all

Need help

how many hsv vs statesmen were made.
I recently purchased one and want to know how many made.
the number on the hsv tag does it represent the number made for that model or the total amount of vs hsv's made.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Is it a HSV enhanced Stateman ? Or a Senator ( which where numbered ) = dash badge and tags .
Not sure about HSV enhanced = best bet ask Holden or HSV ?

Edit . going off my VS Maloo # = that # of series i , but they continued #s for 2nd series and I think 3rd series=( At VT ).
So as above contact HSV /Holden.

Last edited:

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
I was going to agree with abstruct until, following some research, I was surprised to learn that there was a total production of 57 HSV Statesman models to December 1995 and ongoing. Refer to the attached excerpt from the book "Holden Special Vehicles - The Innovators 1991 - 1995":

Attachments

• HSV VS Statesman & Caprice 4 Door Sedan.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 107

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
the number on the tag is Build No. That is the invoice number for the work sheet not build of how many...

20190423_191552.jpg

Mario K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Is it a HSV enhanced Stateman ? Or a Senator ( which where numbered ) = dash badge and tags .
Not sure about HSV enhanced = best bet ask Holden or HSV ?

Edit . going off my VS Maloo # = that # of series i , but they continued #s for 2nd series and I think 3rd series=( At VT ).
So as above contact HSV /Holden.
Regarding contact HSV or Holden - Do you go to a service center? Was under the impression HSV and Holden are no more.
the number on the tag is Build No. That is the invoice number for the work sheet not build of how many...

View attachment 259190
ok, if HSV start at invoice number one for VS Statesman enhanced that means your tag is 837 built? or is that the total across all models (egVN to VS to date) built for the enhanced cars?

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Job Number is better wording sorry.
Could be any car on the line at that time.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
They weren’t made in numerical order either for some models. So built numbers is hard to gauge by build numbers alone.

HSV might have the information. Have found that some records from then didn’t have the same level of data detail that they started keeping later.

Far more HSV enhanced Statesman’s around than actual HSV Statesman’s of which there is quite low numbers of as they switched to Grange as the HSV Statesman’s in the VS era.