Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How many km's are people getting around town from a full tank in their auto VZ 175

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA xr6 turbo Heinrich tuned to 300 rwkw's
I did a search and could not find this particular topic, my apologies if it has already been done. :embarrass

I think the VZ 175 commodore sedans have a 75 litre tank so how far are people getting out of their full tanks of petrol around town from their VZ 175 commodores?

I think the VX's had 63 litre tanks and from VY onwards they had 75 litre so the amounts will be higher than my VX which manages about 480-500ish from a full 63 litre tank. I am comparing the VZ 175 auto's fuel consumption with the Falcon BA auto both around town. Please no Holden vs Ford wars :bop: I know the BA will use more but I am trying to establish how much more with similar driving habits (suburban)

UPDATE: Sorry I did find a thread on Alloytec fuel economy but it seemed to focus on trip meter average consumption rather than km's covered divided by litres used.

Last edited:

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
muso said:
I think the VX's had 63 litre tanks and from VY onwards they had 75 litre so the amounts will be higher than my VX which manages about 480-500ish from a full 63 litre tank.

VT/VX also have a 75 litre tank.. My old V6 VX Berlina when i put 70litres in showed 600-620 till empty..on 11-12L per100k
I know you want 175kw figures but i hope that helps..

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSZ-57L said:
VT/VX also have a 75 litre tank.. My old V6 VX Berlina when i put 70litres in showed 600-620 till empty..on 11-12L per100k
I know you want 175kw figures but i hope that helps..

Cheers mate, :thumbsup: any info is always a great help, yeah the Berlinas did have the longer range tanks, I think just the pov pack executives like mine got the 63 litre tank, I got 740kms from Melb to Adel on 63 litres, the Ecotecs are pretty good I think.

Dave398

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute Nickel Silver
Cheers mate, any info is always a great help, yeah the Berlinas did have the longer range tanks, I think just the pov pack executives like mine got the 63 litre tank, I got 740kms from Melb to Adel on 63 litres, the Ecotecs are pretty good I think

No... My VX Acclaim has a 75 lire tank and im sure that wouldnt be different to an executive. As for your question I drive VZ's at work and they are about the same as the old motor consumption wise. I get about 650-700 km in the country but thats with about 10 litres still in the tank. I havnt driven one in the city.

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes, sorry I stand corrected, my owners manual quotes 75 litres for my Exec VX series 1 as well, I have never got more than 63 litres into it.

When I travelled from Melbourne to Adelaide I got max of 63 litres into it after filling up to the neck (not a good idea on a hot day) in Melbourne and had covered 740 km's;

63 X 100 divide by 740 = 8.5 Litres per 100 km's....pretty good for a fat heavy car with family and luggage, so much for Ecotec's being referred to as 1960's boat anchors. :D

How does the Alloytec 175's compare to the Ecotec as far as NVH and performance goes?

steane

Reaction score
Website
www.carupdate.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Maloo 6spd
muso said:
Cheers mate, :thumbsup: any info is always a great help, yeah the Berlinas did have the longer range tanks, I think just the pov pack executives like mine got the 63 litre tank, I got 740kms from Melb to Adel on 63 litres, the Ecotecs are pretty good I think.
I did a trip from Melb to Adelaide recently in the VZ 175 UTE. I averaged 8.4l/100 overall (including a couple of days driving around adelaide) and on the trip back averaged 8.1 l/100 ie used 60 litres. I filled up before leaving in Adelaide and and again when I reached the BP on Kings Way in Melb.
It's done 22,000 kms and is still loosening up and getting better so I think the next trip will be even more economical.

Ronaldw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS DEC 2007
I agree with steane I am getting around 8.4L/100km which is about 33-34mpg.
Not bad I suppose I got 32 mpg out of my VT Berlina which is a heavier car than the normal VT. The VZ is heavier than the VT so it is not a bad mileage. This jumps up to around 10-11L/100km around town.

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've been tempted to buy a BA Falcon because of the performance and they are so cheap to buy as well as packed with great standard features (tiptronic trans, VCT engine etc) but I have heard too many horror stories about fuel consumption some say less than 400 km's around town driven like a grandma, and the bloody weight of the things 130kg overweight would be classified as 'morbid' in medical terms, what a shame, it would have been a great car with less weight and more economy,
this is why I am interested in what economy people are getting out of the VZ 175's, as previously mentioned I am happy with my VX's economy. :yeah:

Last edited: