Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how many k's for a vr/vs?

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Get back in your VE forum pickle, we're discussing antiques here...

lol there is no need for that... please tell me where it is that your 'discussing' anything. you tell the guy nothing of what he wanted to know. I had a vr so i told my part.

oh yea and at 260,000 i replaced engine mounts, water pump,fuel pump, struts, link pin, every rubber underneath, so if its between 220-270 tho look for any of these mentioned problems

yeah forgot to mention those lol and a gearbox mount and a torque converter too actually...

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
ive seen one daily driver with 690.000km and its still cruising around(not sure how many bhp its lost driving over half a million km) when i was taken for a spin she went pretty good and ran realy smooth for the over half a million km....the owner realy looked after it in regards to oils,transfluid and so on...cheeers

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
3-4 grand is pretty steep for a VR-VS, my sister picked up a VS about a month ago for $1200. It had 140k on it and bone stock, good paint and interior. Probably will get trashed now though, she has 2 kids =x

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs? $1200 not a bad price.....lol whats that make the VR worth ?
3-4 grand is pretty steep for a VR-VS, my sister picked up a VS about a month ago for $1200. It had 140k on it and bone stock, good paint and interior. Probably will get trashed now though, she has 2 kids =x

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
i just sold my VS with just under 130,000ks for $3,600, i would of liked more but nobody was interested in it and that was the only good offer i got

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
i just sold my VS with just under 130,000ks for $3,600, i would of liked more but nobody was interested in it and that was the only good offer i got

its a buyers market thats for sure,(if you have the time and a hand full of cash theres some great car buys all over australia) some states are cheaper than others...but at the end of the day its a buyers market,,,,for sure

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
i paid $38,000 for my berlina 1997 (brand new) 1st of the berlinas to hit the road in 1997, i had leather put on as an option as new( its just about to hot 140.000km and not a mark on it...whats it worth 14yrs later? with low km? bout 5k lucky to get 6 k

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
VS for sure man, can't go wrong with the good ol' ecotec, mines done over 320,000k's and runs like it was new, K's dont matter, how it was treated does.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah the ecotec is a pretty good donk (motor) run for ever if you look after em...
VS for sure man, can't go wrong with the good ol' ecotec, mines done over 320,000k's and runs like it was new, K's dont matter, how it was treated does.

rhysieboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt exec
how do they go in the way of putting a s/c or t/c on them?i had a look through somsones thread on his tt ecotec build last night and looked impressive!and ill be doing a few k's a week when i get my p's probably about 500,so if im gunna buy a goodbodied car with high k's i deifinetly will think about building a mild performance motor for it.and i was checking out trading post before and there was heaps of v's with around 200thou on the clock for 2-300grand with 12months reg and a rwc.