Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how many k's for a vr/vs?

juzzyx

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY Wagon
I dont see the sense in buying a new car,the amount the value drops after its driven out the dealers door is ridiculous,same with all these people who buy a V8 SS or whatever, and then crawl around at 40k's everywhere in them,what a joke..I see it everyday around town here..I think to myself,why didnt they just buy a normal commodore V6 if they are gonna drive it around like granny.I think a lot of these people buy an SS or a V8 to make themselves look good,end up in over their heads,and end up actually scared of driving their car.Its just stupid,nearly every time I see a new SS or whatever,they are doing 40 in it,what a waste of a good car..
This is to true. I have never seen a VE commodore being driven hard before, it is such a waste..

MarcelVROsborne

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore acclaim
i paid 1100 for my vr and it has 246000kms im not sure if it is the greatest but interior is clean as hell body is straight as hell and the only thing tht my mate who is a 3rd year apprentice machanic could see tht it needed was a windscreen but tht was my bad i didnt think about checking wipers b4 i used them what an idiot and i need new tyres and tht is it does any one know which wires are which with the head untis because im half way through changing mine and i dnt know what to do next

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
just sold my 96 VSII with 166k for 3k.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Also if you go a VS you have a chance to get a non POS IRS version so you won`t be changing tyres a quarter way through there life.
I think executive, acclaim, equip, S, SS had Live axle and berlina up had IRS (though could of been an option only on berlina)

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
my old vr ss had 180k on it when i got it and had irs. standard FE2 ride height and it was good to the rear tyres, although if u get one thats really low or with flogged out bushes in the rear it may well be a different story.

it was real tidy but soon enough it needed swaybar link pins, a few suspension bushes, balancer, timing cover gasket, welsh plugs and rear main seal which was a motor out job to fix. probably not a major hassle to the op if they're in the trade

franck

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive 5.0 M5
in the last 8 months have bought two vr's the 1st a v6 aclaim with 27,000ks one owner never smashed but an old man owned and he passed away so the niece was selling i bought the car for 4700 great car always serviced rather by months than ks the only problem is that the old bloke gave the car more hits than elvis, every corner on the bumpers has scrapes and there are dings and dents here and there, but you can tell by the rubbers and paint metalic that this car has had little use, now my son has clocked up 45,000ks and its a great car only lowered and chasers.
the other one is mine vr v8 5speed bought it with 111000ks paid 5k one owner and fill srevice history never smashed ,oil changes every 5000ks also a great car.all i did to this one is lower it and also a set of chasers, so the good cars can be found just need patience, found both of these on carpoint mine in act sons in gosford so good luck there good old car and well taken car of

HSVGTS E2

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 HOLDEN GTS E2
If u go down this page to where it says (boot lid lock) user name VR S-PAC... Im trying to sell the car (really need to get rid of it as it's taking all of the garage space up ) there is a bit of detail about the car im selling there if ur intrested and it is good condition as well just minor work to be done ( Accessory wise ) but worth having a look and ill try to get pics up in the selling section of the forum if i can. :)

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Im selling my Berlina at the moment for 3.5k o.n.o this isn't an advert btw as im not selling it through this site, just thought id point out that it depends on the car.

My car has 310k on it.

Attachments

• car03.jpg
    car03.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 120
  • car02.jpg
    car02.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 132
  • car01.jpg
    car01.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 123
  • bay2.jpg
    bay2.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 123
  • dannyboyds.jpg
    dannyboyds.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 114

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
post it here >>> Vehicles For Sale
If u go down this page to where it says (boot lid lock) user name VR S-PAC... Im trying to sell the car (really need to get rid of it as it's taking all of the garage space up ) there is a bit of detail about the car im selling there if ur intrested and it is good condition as well just minor work to be done ( Accessory wise ) but worth having a look and ill try to get pics up in the selling section of the forum if i can. :)

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
try here >>>Vehicles For Sale
Im selling my Berlina at the moment for 3.5k o.n.o this isn't an advert btw as im not selling it through this site, just thought id point out that it depends on the car.

My car has 310k on it.