Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How many manual VY Senators?

Vy Try

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy senator
Hi guys first post so excuse me if its in the wrong place

As the title states does anyone know how many vy manual senators were built?

I have recently brought one, I was actually looking at buying a manual vy-vz clubsport when I came across it, it had everything I was looking for minus a sunroof

I ended up going with it over a clubsport as it seems like there are 1000's out there and Ive always liked being a little bit different.

I have searched the web a few times but haven't been able to come up with much apart from they are rare and all vz's were auto?

any help would be appreciated.

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
you sure it hasnt been converted, pretty sure they didnt come out in manual, and no manuals on redbook either

Vy Try

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy senator
Yup that seems to be the normal response I get from most people, just shows how rare they are, it is differently factory have found 3 others on facebook

Check the hsv page it was a options near the bottom but obviously not a popular one.

HSV Gen-F / HSV Classics

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
you sure it hasnt been converted, pretty sure they didnt come out in manual, and no manuals on redbook either

Pretty sure your wrong. By pretty sure I mean for sure :thumbsup:

Senator Sigs were a optioned manual. Very rarely taken.

Not entirely sure if regular regular Senators were, but typically the only difference was brakes, wheels and trim so it may have been.

They were available in manual reg Senators and Sigs. I don't have numbers for Y series but of the earlier VS/T/X (very) roughly 10% were manuals but the proportions jumped around a bit. For example only a few VS 185i's were manual but nearly 40% of the 215's were.

Every model series was available at a manual although some special editions weren't (eg VP Senator 5000i). Actually getting one was another matter as many of the regulars on here would know from my experience.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Have you asked HSV...they built it. (or rather....them )

Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Post up the compliance plate - what is the code under "trans"? Very easy to work out if it was factory auto/manual.

Vy Try

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy senator
This thread isnt about the authenticity of whether or not my car is factory auto or manual I know it is factory 6 speed.

What I wanted to know was is if anyone knew how many were built?

Crews hsv man

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hsv vy senator manual
Hi d

I have recently brought one, I was actually looking at buying a manual vy-vz clubsport when I came across it, it had everything I was looking for minus a sunroof

I ended up going with it over a clubsport as it seems like there are 1000's out there and Ive always liked being a little bit different.

I have searched the web a few times but haven't been able to come up with much apart from they are rare and all vz's were auto?

id
This thread isnt about the authenticity of whether or not my car is factory auto or manual I know it is factory 6 speed.

What I wanted to know was is if anyone knew how many were built?
hi did find out how factory manuals were produced cheers

Kevhsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy senator

I have a vy senator signature factory manual
30 in total vy senator factory manuals were built....15 series 1 and 15 series 2.

Attachments

• IMG_3712.jpg
    IMG_3712.jpg
    333.2 KB · Views: 191