Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How many supercharged vt international calais where made

Johnny121/

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged Vt International Calais
I am trying to decide whether or not to sell my 2000 model supercharged vt v6 international calais. Should i sell now or hold on for another couple of years ? How much will the value rise? And how many of these cars where produced?

Cheers johnny.

WHCapriceHBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX
I was just reading up on the specs and had no idea they are a bigger Commodore.
Are they classed as a Statesman or is the Statesman even bigger?

http://www.users.on.net/~nweber/commodore/vt/index.html

What.......

The OP is talking about a VT Calais International, which is just a normal VT Calais sedan, with some International packaged extras fitted on it.

You've dug up the info for the WH Statesman International which is not the car he was asking about. The WH Statesman International is just a normal Statesman with International extras fitted to it.

I don't know what you're meaning by the "is it classed as a Statesman or bigger" as that makes zero sense. All WH models of Caprice, Grange, Statesman, International are the same long wheelbase WH bodyshell in different trim levels.

All models of VT including SS, Senator, Executive, Calais, International are the same short wheelbase VT bodyshell, just different trim levels.

Now, with that out of the way:

The Calais International was a package trim option on the standard VT L67 Calais.
Thusly:

"In February 2000, a limited-run International edition was released. Powered by the 3.8-litre supercharged V6 engine, the Calais International was distinguished by its 17-inch alloy wheels with low profile tyres (235/45), two-tone interior trim combination with shale-coloured Howe leather seats and pewter-coloured soft trim, mid-grey instrument cluster with satin silver surrounds and textured metallic finishes for the fascia and console. The Calais International was solely available with a Grey Storm (i.e. dark charcoal metallic) paint finish."

Its value is worth whatever the buyer is willing to pay if they want one badly enough, however I don't think by sitting on the car for a longer time, its going to jump in value or become highly sought after in the same way as the HSV models. My estimation is it will only ever pull slightly more dollars over a normal VT Calais, and not ever as much as a V8 car or HSV Senator (the HSV version of the Calais).

It doesn't help that the market will be flooded in the next few years with second hand VE and VF Calais cars (even ex taxis) at lower and lower prices, which buyers will want to grab to get the last and "best" Calais models Holden ever made, leaving the poor earlier VT Calais relatively forgotten. This may actually drive the VT Calais prices down, as people just go for the affordable 250,000km+ VE and VF ones for not much money and much better trim levels. If that makes sense.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Yes, hang onto it - with caveats.

At 17 yrs old, it's at the bottom of the depreciation curve. I would argue the VT series is a highly iconic Holden model, along the lines of FJ, EH, HQ, VB, VN and so on. Like all family/luxury Holdens it will eventually gain classic status, similar to say a HZ Premier 4.2. Not six figure territory but enough maybe to get you noticed at a show and shine.

Looking at how many are available on Carsales, they are a fairly rare vehicle.

That being said you might have to wait 15 years or so for a decent return; maintenance and insurance costs would probably gobble up any return anyway.

It comes down to a few questions-do you like it? Do you enjoy driving/tinkering/admiring it? Are you interested in its history or some other aspect of it? If the answer is yes to most of these- keep it.

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
The OP is talking about a VT Calais International, which is just a normal VT Calais sedan, with some International packaged extras fitted on it.

Hey mate take a pill and chill out, what would I know cause I'm asking to. So the Calais isn't a version of the Statesman.Thanks for setting us straight dog.

James99

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina
Dad's in the same boat, he's got an inter in immaculate condition. loves a good l67 whine

Dazza g

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 vt calais international
I am trying to decide whether or not to sell my 2000 model supercharged vt v6 international calais. Should i sell now or hold on for another couple of years ? How much will the value rise? And how many of these cars where produced?

Cheers johnny.
Hi mate, I looked around for years trying to find out how many where built, 400 where built to coincide with the Sydney Olympics, I found an original holden dealership sales brochure that had all the info.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200504-013344_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200504-013344_eBay.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 185

Kane conway

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt international
Hey dazza g I got one of these Vt internationals and I was wondering how much would it sell for in your opinion

Last edited:

Dazza g

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 vt calais international
Hey dazza g I got one of these Vt internationals and I was wondering how much would it sell for in your opinion
Mine is about what you'd expect for a car thats done 260,000kms, I've done a few boost upgrades and custom exhaust system, been well looked after, i wouldn't take less than 7k For mine and i would still be hesitant at that price, I seen one last week on the internet for sale and they are asking 9k, there only going to get rarer