Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how many tyres hav u been through?

DaPlaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series II
I go through a set of tyres every 40 - 60 thousand K's, depending on the compound, I'm not the kind of person to waste rubber as I think burnouts are a pointless activity any car can do a burnout, it doesn't prove anything, and I enjoy driving.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
at that rate I would invest in a tyre company buy some shares mine last at least a year

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
i get lots of k's out of my tyres by using up every last little bit....
(lol i'd never drive round on tyres like this)

tyres.JPG

My fronts have been on for about 30,000 kms and they're still fair chunky... 70%?

... plus, does anyone know why the tread would come off a tyre like that, when it's NOT a retread?

Last edited:

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
my first set when i got my car werent in the best nick so i got a pair of cheapies, busted me wheels in an accidnet, set#2, lasted ok but i was goign though a phase back then lol got me at least 4 months, now im on a set of 60% bobjanes [ 2nd hand rims and tires ] they've lasted me a good 5months

for my next set i might go khumos or those chepie "tornados" they were 105 each but despite being a 205 tire they had a nice foot print on them [ widish tread ]

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
In the 8yrs I have had the car, been through 3 sets of tyres, recently put 17' wheels and the tyres dont last at all.

Clacker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec Series II
holden007 said:
In the 8yrs I have had the car, been through 3 sets of tyres, recently put 17' wheels and the tyres dont last at all.

I've run a set (4) of Bridgstone RE92s since OCt 2002 (done 80k) and apart from toe wear, the mids look almost new. I'm kicking myself I didn't pick the aligment as they'll soon be illegal.

Clacks