Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much can VE's be pimped?

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
i have heard a lot of talk about the VE's not being able to be as freely modifed as any other commodore due to esp and it being all computer controlled.

is there any truth in this?

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
anyone know??

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
wouldnt have a clue!! whats ESP?

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
electronic stabilty program
helps keep the car in a straight line
thats why i ask cos most people like a bit of squiggle in they're rubber marks:thumbsup:

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
was told by a guy at wa suspensions that the new magnetic ride height thing on the ve and wm models can cause some problems when trying to lower the cars, and that in the eastern states there was a case of a car being lowered and the esp thing kicking with the magnetic suspension and causing the car to start braking randomly. which wouldn't be cool if u were on the freeway doing 100kmph+.

he also said that this prob should be solved soon though so i dont think there is a great cause for concern.

cheers
ryan

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
was told by a guy at wa suspensions that the new magnetic ride height thing on the ve and wm models can cause some problems when trying to lower the cars, and that in the eastern states there was a case of a car being lowered and the esp thing kicking with the magnetic suspension and causing the car to start braking randomly. which wouldn't be cool if u were on the freeway doing 100kmph+.

he also said that this prob should be solved soon though so i dont think there is a great cause for concern.

cheers
ryan

Magnetic Ride Control is ONLY available on the HSVs.

As for everything else you said, does this guy you supposedly spoke to know anything at all? ESP senses loss of traction and individually adjusts individual wheels (using the brakes) to stabilise the car. It has nothing to do with ride height!

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
Magnetic Ride Control is ONLY available on the HSVs.

As for everything else you said, does this guy you supposedly spoke to know anything at all? ESP senses loss of traction and individually adjusts individual wheels (using the brakes) to stabilise the car. It has nothing to do with ride height!

yeh i thought it was a bit strange but he said that yeh sumthing conflicted with the electronics of the vehicle and caused it to have the brakes activated. he also said that this case was the only 1.

yeh not sure

cheers
ryan