Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much did you pay for your last service?

poweredbycng

Reaction score
G'day all,

Have a VZ SV6. I've been ringing around for quotes on a basic service for it as it has just ticked over 90,000km. The quotes that I received ranged from $259 to $476. I thought that these quotes were a little high considering what little work is done. I'm also looking to upgrade to full synthetic oil as it only costs a little extra but is worth it in the long run.

So what did you pay for your last basic oil and filter service?

JessM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2005
We just had our VZ V6 Wagon 2005 serviced (180,000km) and we were quoted from $280 to $400 odd.

poweredbycng

Reaction score
I remember paying $149 for our last service on the same vehicle. We paid $30 for synthetic oil too. This was at a Holden dealer BTW!

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
G'day all,

Have a VZ SV6. I've been ringing around for quotes on a basic service for it as it has just ticked over 90,000km. The quotes that I received ranged from $259 to $476. I thought that these quotes were a little high considering what little work is done. I'm also looking to upgrade to full synthetic oil as it only costs a little extra but is worth it in the long run.

So what did you pay for your last basic oil and filter service?
Here is a link to a website which I found helpful which compares fixed price quotes between different businesses.
Cheers.
Fixed Price Car Service: Auto Service, Car Repairs, Car Servicing

poweredbycng

Reaction score
Ridiculous. I'm not paying high $300s for a simple oil service!

Phyco

Alloytec and Proud
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Acclaim Sedan
Ridiculous. I'm not paying high $300s for a simple oil service!

Does sound a bit expensive, last service I had from a dealer was around $260 (and $30 of that was for the mobile service van call out).

Critical Jim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VL SL
Just Sold my Acclaim.

But the 75,000klm service done a few months ago was around the $150 mark, filter/flashlube/Mobil 1 and labour.

Was a local mechanic job.

slidways

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz acclaim
$400 to change your oil and filters LMAO theres like at the most $100 in parts and it would take maybe an hour so that means labour costs are at $300 an hour. I'll service everyones car at that rate only have to do 1 a day and i'd b rolling in cash

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Standard specified warranty service for this VZ Commodore is $240 and which can include additional checks/servicing requested by me (have recently fitted a K&N air filter). We were very happy with the first service with the car: in at 9.30am and out at 1.30pm mid-December despite a huge number of cars booked-in, with a long list of checks (91,000km interval), replacements (oil, filters etc.) done in that time. The oil change was with Magnatec, apparently recommended for Alloytecs (somebody else here might know more about that...).

Last edited:

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
$240 is a good price, i thought the 90,000 was a major service which inc flushes and a list of labour as long as your arm, as well as a few expensive part replacements