Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much did you pay for you're VE OMEGA??

scottyz999

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore exe
Hey guys i'm looking at buying a VE Omega from an auction or private sale.

I've currently got a 99 VT Exe but starting to get sick of it, as it is having a few little problems.

Just wondering how much i may be looking at for one from an auction and if its dodgy buying them from auctions?

I heard from a mate that you can get them for about 12k but thought i'd ask.

Thanks heaps. :D

Last edited:

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
I paid 22 for nov 07 omega that had done 22,000kms, and came with new 18" sv6 wheels, that was through a holden dealer, so got the remainder of new car warranty and then their 175000kms 3 year warranty thing. Cant comment on the auctions though, and this was in Dec 08 I purchased it.

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
Got my 06 Omega 68,000kms for $18,400. This was at an Auction but i chose to 'buy it now' as it was the only Phantom colour one at the time.

There are a lot better prices though, the other one i was looking at was a 07 model, 22,000ks for $19. It was burgandy so i chose against it lol.

There were a lot for around 13K - 14K, i assume u may find some at 12K if your lucky

Seriously, if you've never been to an auction place go to Pickles Car Auctions. You can look around all you like without being bugged by salesmen, all cars are unlocked with keys in them so you can turn them on etc. I would also recomend going when they have autions on to suss it out. Very entertaining =)

Wouldn't go through a dealer again for a commodore :)

ascottaudio

AscottAudio
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8
Omega

I got my 06 Black Omega with 62K on the clock for 16900. from Pickles auctions...My luck was in.. cos the car came with ss style exhaust..lowered..and widow tint..all of this was not metioned on the report..the car turned out to be a great buy..it was..however.. very dirty and has some nasty scrap/scuffs on some of the interior plastics (all fixable)..
I was in another state..so i took a chance..but if poss...check the report and check the car out in person..its a good time to buy...but you do have to do your homework.

Scott.

Visitant

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
$16500 for a Mar 07 Omega with "Police Pack" - includes FE2 suspension, curtain airbags and rear parking sensors, but no lights or siren :-(
Bought 2 weeks ago from SA Government Auctions (64000km on the clock).
Prices may be cheaper at VIC/NSW govt auctions.

scottyz999

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore exe
Thanks heaps for the responses. Hopefully i get lucky and pick up a good one cheap. I might try pickles auctions..just gotta save up a little more dosh first. :thumbsup:

Matty.c

Reaction score
Members Ride
TBA
i'm planning on going to Pickles in brissy (geebung) to have a looksee... they have an fleet/government auction on monday the 20/04/09, veiwing is this saturday from about 9-3pm.... there is a few black 07 Calias i'm interested in.. and few omega's there.. :)

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Take the time to go to some auctions first and take notes - 3 or 4 can really help on what is good value. The car yards buy from auction too - add some margin and then some profit.

Rodeo058

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 9C1
Hey guys i'm looking at buying a VE Omega from an auction or private sale.

I've currently got a 99 VT Exe but starting to get sick of it, as it is having a few little problems.

Just wondering how much i may be looking at for one from an auction and if its dodgy buying them from auctions?

I heard from a mate that you can get them for about 12k but thought i'd ask.

Thanks heaps. :D
Dear Scotty ,
I bought my 06' Omega Sedan 9C1 Ex-Cop Car from Fowles at Moorebank Oct' last year $18,600 with 55,000 Klms . White in Colour with all the goodies FE-2 , Extra Air Bags, Chaser Rims, Fat Tyres Etc..
Been buying them from Auction since VP Series 2 . Wouldn't go anywhere near a dealer. Preference is to always buy one from quiet country town Police Station. Avoid the City ones , too much damage.
Can't go wrong buying these. This is my 7th Cop Car. Always serviced regularly & no expense spared if repairs are needed which is very rare. Fowles are the State Govt Contractor for these Vehicles. Give Pickles a miss !! They get the rubbish that doesn't make Fowles. PS: You can get a VE SS 6.0 Litre V8 out there for about $28,000. The way to go ! Let the other suckers pay $50,000 at the dealerships. Your Laughing ! GO FOR IT .