Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much do you reckon I would get for my VL

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
Ok no worries I will see how I go anyway. And post the results. I'm not really looking to sell it for another month or two so I'm not really in any hurry. Also do you guys know much about roadworthy certificates??? The shocks are pretty shot the car does bounce abit will this be classed as unroadworthy and have to be fixed before I can sell it or not??? Thats the only issue I think there will be with getting a roadworthy.

Thanks

It's worth as much someone is willing to pay on the day...:thumbsup:

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
Though I better update you guys. I ended up getting $3200 for it. I had it listed at $3800, I probably could have got more that $3200 if I had waited. But I just sold it to the first person that looked at it and accepted the offer. I'm reasonably happy with the outcome. I've been without it for a little over a week now and haven't got another car yet. I'm waiting for a Stock VS with under 100,000kms in excelent condition inside and out to come along. I've been checking the Trading Post (online), carsales.com.au and carsguide.com.au about 5 times a day!!!

If anyone has or knows someone (in the brisbane area) that has a VS that fits the above description that is interested in selling it for a fair price let me know!!! Not worried about colour...Although I would like one in a colour other than white or silver I realise that most low kms VS's are white so white would be fine too.

I will eventually put some good wheels on it and a VY Clubsport bodykit, Lowered, Pacemaker Extractors, good stereo etc. But would like to start off with a stock as a rock one.

What do you guys think???

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I'm waiting for a Stock VS with under 100,000kms in excelent condition inside and out to come along. I've been checking the Trading Post (online), carsales.com.au and carsguide.com.au about 5 times a day!!!

If anyone has or knows someone (in the brisbane area) that has a VS that fits the above description that is interested in selling it for a fair price let me know!!! Not worried about colour...Although I would like one in a colour other than white or silver I realise that most low kms VS's are white so white would be fine too.

I will eventually put some good wheels on it and a VY Clubsport bodykit, Lowered, Pacemaker Extractors, good stereo etc. But would like to start off with a stock as a rock one.

What do you guys think???

Sounds great right up untill the body kit! Nice wheels, slightly lowered and tinted windows looks mucho classy to me. Finding one with under 100,000km might be your biggest challenge.

Reaper

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
Sounds great right up untill the body kit! Nice wheels, slightly lowered and tinted windows looks mucho classy to me. Finding one with under 100,000km might be your biggest challenge.

Reaper

Yea I used to like the bodykit idea but I'm not too sure these days? But yea definatly do the rest of the stuff just a bit of a ??? on the bodykit idea. I will have to have a look at more VS's with the VY clubsport bodykit so I can see what it looks like. Yea it is difficult to find one under 100,000kms but there have been a couple but when I ring them they already have deposits on them. I'm not set on under 100,000kms that would be my preference but anything under 130,000 would be alright aswell.

phat_com

VR IS A BEAST WITH NEW V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR s2 Acclaim/VK IS GONE :(
Well a mate of mine just bought a vn S2 commodore with 86.000 log booked kays in as new condition (like perfect) for $4500 with 12 months rego and first 2 big service's free. Si i am sure you will fine a Vs with under 130.000 kays pretty easy.
Goodluck mate Pat.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
If you want to go for a bodykit the VS S Pack kit is the best looking for that car imo. Nice and subtle without the cop magnet look. I really like the lip spoiler too. Add some nice wheels, lowered and you'll be stylin' without even tryin' my friend! :thumbsup:

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
Its a bit of a delayed post but I bough a VSII 1997 Esteem. Done 111,000kms almost perfect condition inside! The outside is pretty good too. There are a few little scratches and marks in the paintwork but will be respraying anyway. Thinking about respraying it white with silver flake what do you reckon that would look like? I have just created a thread in the VS section on that topic (what white with silver flake would look like) if you want to put in your 2cents worth. Here is the link to it Click Here

DSC01421.JPG

DSC01424.JPG

DSC01427.JPG