Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much do you reckon I would get for my VL

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
It is a 1988 5spd Manual SL Sedan, stock RB30 with pacemaker extractors and 2.5inch exhaust. Stock suspension (not lowered). 326000 Kms. $2000+ Audio/Video equipment: Includes top of the range pioneer 6x9's top of the range pioneer 6inch's 12" pioneer sub in pioneer sealed box all powerd by a Jaycar 4x100watt RMS AMP, Pioneer DEH-P5650MP head unit. 10" widescreen Zylux roof mounted screen, with slimline PS2 in the glove box. 5" monster tacho. Pretty standard 15" mags. New waterpump. In pretty good condition inside and out. Slight clear coat deterioration on front right and back left panels, small gauge in the paint on the boot lid. Other than that these small defects it is in good condition, looks, sounds and drives great.

So how much do you reckon I could get for my car??? I am looking to upgrade to a VS.

Attachments

• Back.JPG
    Back.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 255
  • boot.JPG
    boot.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 299
  • Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 256

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
i'd take the roof mount and playstation out for the next car. $3000 would be about what you'll get without those. the km's don't help. being a manual does though.

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
I was hoping to get around $4000 for it including screen and ps2 and everything else. As I paid $3600 for it 2 years ago and it was stock standard, no cd player or speakers, stock exhaust and what not. I think I should be alright too get $4000 for it from maybe a young kid for his first car or something that will like all the added features like the ps2 and all that??? I'm in brisbane too by the way, not sure if that effects the price.

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
would you be willing to seperate the stereo at all :yeah: but with everything i reckon you could get aroun 3.2k and 3.5 at most

Nah not really, I would like to sell everything in a complete package to a brisbane buyer rather than taking bits and pieces out and selling everything seperate.

harry3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 6cyl
I think I would take all the goodies out for my next car, but you might try an ad in the trading post

unless you have a turbo, VLs arent much in demand now, also a dealer ads about $1000 to every car he sells, including the cheap ones

G

Grantis1976

I'm going to be an arse, and suggest you have a look at Redbook.com.au .

This is the site that caryards use, as it has a seperate section for private V Dealers.

I'm afraid its going to be down near the $1500 mark.

Strip all the good stuff out, and either put it in the next car, or give it to "The Salvos".

Sorry, hate to be the bearer of bad news.

Good Luck !

vlmitch

VL Mitch
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL BERLINA
yeh prob about $3000 coz its nice and clean...and yeh manual does help alot.

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
Ok no worries I will see how I go anyway. And post the results. I'm not really looking to sell it for another month or two so I'm not really in any hurry. Also do you guys know much about roadworthy certificates??? The shocks are pretty shot the car does bounce abit will this be classed as unroadworthy and have to be fixed before I can sell it or not??? Thats the only issue I think there will be with getting a roadworthy.

Thanks