Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how much does a new alternator cost?

HoLDenGuY

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Commordore
whats the amp rating on your one?
Anyone know the stock rating for the alternator in a VR? I heard it was 80, but not sure..

V

VSAccCom

ahahah sif pay 320, just go to wreckers and pickup a second hand one dude no more than 100 bucks and u can put it in urself save 220 bucks which is alot of piss money :drink:

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Whats wrong with yours?

R

rattattack1313

Message me if you are stuck..I have a couple of good ones here for sale....

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
Just remember to buy one with an amp rating suitable for running extra driving lights if doing so and grab a good Calcium battery, worth the extra $ IMO.

No idea what the VS I have wears, stock no doubt but my 92 Land Cruiser has a 110w alternator and a 900 cca battery, but it has 85w / 100w Halogen conversion headlights + 2 X 130w 20cm driving lights and a 100w flood light for reversing in the scrub, the DL's melts sign posts at 100m.

Not legal but so is most things, great for off road tho even on low beam.

zZBaLLeRzZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
SHop around you would be amazed of how the prices can vairy from place to place.. i just got new one for my vr-v6 and it cost $200 on special at conventrys.

zZBaLLeRzZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
i would not go second hand not worth it when you can pick them up for and extra 100 bucks.. with warranty and assurance it aint damage or on its way out

Dexn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina S2
VSAccCom said:
ahahah sif pay 320, just go to wreckers and pickup a second hand one dude no more than 100 bucks and u can put it in urself save 220 bucks which is alot of piss money :drink:

I picked up one from EastComm Wreckers the other day, $55 works a treat ;)