Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much faster is VS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
No a series 2 VN is about the same as the series one

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
VS is a lot more refined car defiantly.
I have had both. VN's are as rough as guts, rattle and sqweek. My VS never did this, but then again it was newer. Handling was similar, but i had both lowered and they both had live rear axel.
If you can, find a VS manual not auto. They are so much quicker its not funny, i wish i never sold mine:cry:
My VN was a manual, but the VS still felt quicker and they both had the same mods.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Murdoch said:
VS is a lot more refined car defiantly.
I have had both. VN's are as rough as guts, rattle and sqweek. My VS never did this, but then again it was newer. Handling was similar, but i had both lowered and they both had live rear axel.
If you can, find a VS manual not auto. They are so much quicker its not funny, i wish i never sold mine:cry:
My VN was a manual, but the VS still felt quicker and they both had the same mods.

0-100 and 1/4 mile times in Wheels both favoured the VS auto over the VS manual by a tenth or so of a second.

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
1991_Vn2nV said:
0-100 and 1/4 mile times in Wheels both favoured the VS auto over the VS manual by a tenth or so of a second.

I bet that was a series 1 not 2.
series 2 manuals had the getrag box which had different ratios compared to the T5 box.
The gears were shorter giving better acceleration.

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
i own a vn series 1 and i've never been beaten by a 6cyl vs other than a s/c. The manny's are quicker with the series 2 box in the vs's yes but not quicker down the quarter than a vn with the old shitty hydraulic trans.

Mr_Slim

Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Manual
Murdoch said:
I bet that was a series 1 not 2.
series 2 manuals had the getrag box which had different ratios compared to the T5 box.
The gears were shorter giving better acceleration.

i drove a standard VS manual once. don't know if it was getrag or not, but the gearbox did feel different to my T5, so it may well have been. and boy did this thing FLY.

only problem was i had a budget, and to get a VS manual i had to fork out. and i could afford this one, but it was a piece of ****. Instead, i have my beautiful VP Calais manual :)

But yeah my next car? VS Calais converted to manual... man that'll be sweet :)

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
Mr_Slim said:
i drove a standard VS manual once. don't know if it was getrag or not, but the gearbox did feel different to my T5, so it may well have been. and boy did this thing FLY.

only problem was i had a budget, and to get a VS manual i had to fork out. and i could afford this one, but it was a piece of ****. Instead, i have my beautiful VP Calais manual :)

But yeah my next car? VS Calais converted to manual... man that'll be sweet :)

Even better yet..a Super 6 converted to manual:driving:
I was looking into doing this before a bought my VX, but in the end i wanted an 8:bow:

But i still stand by my word, that a good series 2 manual VS will out run the old VN.

sexcvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn
Vn ss VS Vs ss ?

i

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
VN SS by a quite a bit they have a better exhaust and are lighter

Status