Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much faster is VS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mischf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive S2
Waddup,

I wanna upgrade soon just wondering how much faster VS Ecotec commodore is than VN???

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
bugger all mate - but does depend largely on the condition of the cars.

the vs just handles a ton better, and doesnt chew juice quite as badly in grandpa mode

Chilli_Red

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX XU6
it isnt. But going from what greenfoam posted on ford forums the otherday they respond better to bolt on mods then the buick v6's

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Yeah, the VS isn't really faster. It's heavier though, I think. Personally I don't like the looks of it as much, and parts aren't quite as cheap... but if you're going for something with less mileage then it's probably worth the upgrade. :)

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
s0sage said:
bugger all mate - but does depend largely on the condition of the cars.

the vs just handles a ton better, and doesnt chew juice quite as badly in grandpa mode

Our VS handles like crap. Body Roll is friggin ridiculous and the steering is not as responsive. The VN steering is much more responsive than that in VS Commodores, dunno why.

VT onwards seem to handle better, they hug the road more imo.

I live in the hills and I drive a VN, VS and VT through the hills (very twisty road) very often. Stock I would go with the VT, then the VN then the VS.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
It's true what I said on the Ford Forums though, with breathing mods on the VN-VR you gain very little because the heads are restrictive. On the VS you have better flowing heads so bolt on breathing mods make a major difference in speed. I think the fastest you would ever get a VN/P V6 auto executive down the 1/4 mile is about 15.1 with bolt on mods and the best tune ever in the world, I've seen a bolt on VT V6 on street commodores that ran a 15.3 so you should be able to get the VS to a 15 flat of maybe a high 14! (shock :)) so the difference between stock and bolt on is much greater with the VS

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Back in 95 i drove a VS executive new for a week. I was really disliking the flatness off the mark they have, But getting around @ 30kp/h floor it and they come to life bloody nice.
They probably are a nicer car to just get around in stock, They run quieter and smoother and shift gears a little smoother plus run better on fuel. But take off like ****:D.

S Pack

Topped out @ 230kph
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mercedes E-Class 2007, E220 CDI Wagon
my mate has a vs same mods as me and we compared them. But i think its in the gear ratios coz my vn goes 1st:60-65kph 2nd:115kph as my mate vs seems to get 1st:50kph 2nd:80-90kph

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
S Pack said:
my mate has a vs same mods as me and we compared them. But i think its in the gear ratios coz my vn goes 1st:60-65kph 2nd:115kph as my mate vs seems to get 1st:50kph 2nd:80-90kph

They have the same gear ratio's.

When it comes to Automatics, at full throttle the VS will change later than the VN. It revs out more than the VN does.

Status
Not open for further replies.