Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much faster than stock is this Calais v 6.0

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA xr6 turbo Heinrich tuned to 300 rwkw's
I have a tuned xr6 turbo which is pretty quick, but I plan on getting a used Calais VE V 6.0 next year but felt that I would regret the drop in performance over my xr6t (if Calais was stock anyway)

I have always loved the Calais V 6.0
I came across this video clip showing rolling start acceleration of a Calais VE 6.0 and was very impressed, it is almost line ball with my xr6t which is around 270 rwkw's
If I were to buy a Calais V 6.0 what mods would I need to get the type of performance of the one in this video clip but WITHOUT a loud exhaust is not desirable to me!
The car in the video clip has 3" exhaust, headers and a tune with stock engine so not heavily modded....impressive I think!
At around 5 secs 0-100 it would keep a stock G6e turbo in check....and the sound wow :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X1kug9kmlk&feature=player_embedded

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Prob full exhaust (high flow cats, extractors, and cat back) just get one wif mufflers and resonator to keep the sound down...

OTR and mafless tune

Which will get you close to 270RWKW, prob get you 250 - 260ish......

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Just throwing it out there, it was a rolling start in the vid.

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
Do you intend on racing it over a quater mile track?

No just family cruiser like the xr6t minus the boy racer image, I'm a bit old for that now :) But other people with xr6t's from the same tuner with about the same power are getting about mid/high 12's if they can get traction and I'd imagine this calais would be similar.

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers, so it's mainly exhaust mods for better flow and tune, my xr6t jumped from 244 rwkw's to 271 rwkw's once retuned with hi flow cat only, the stock cat was very restrictive.

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just throwing it out there, it was a rolling start in the vid.

Yes it was rolling, so the 0-100 time may be a bit out but it would still be close to my xr6t rolling with perhaps slight favour to the T due to midrange torque which is phenomenal once on boost :) But considering the relatively minor mods I am still impressed with the roll on pick up of this Calais which appears to be not far from stock but obviously quicker than stock, I don't know if he had lower diff gears or anything.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
There in lies the problem with using YouTube for research. If it had diff gears and the speedo hasn't been recalibrated then the 0-100 time is moot.

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
There in lies the problem with using YouTube for research. If it had diff gears and the speedo hasn't been recalibrated then the 0-100 time is moot.

Good point :) this Calais looks very fast for a non cammed motor, perhaps it has lower diff gears, it's also liquid lp gas injection like my xr6t.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
$ for $, your turbo will eat the Commy for breakfast. V8 will be quicker off the line, but a few lengths out, the turbo will just dissapear into the distance. Do you have a VX as well??