Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much faster than stock is this Calais v 6.0

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA xr6 turbo Heinrich tuned to 300 rwkw's
I just checked online at automobilecatalogue.com for the specs of the 2008 Calais V V8 0-100=5.4 secs 0-160=12.6 secs 0-400m=13.7 secs top speed ungoverned 278 kph :eek: not too shabby for a full weight luxury car if you ask me :) The 2012 AFM model is listed as .1 of a second quicker but almost the same in spite of 10kw less than the non AFM model.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Just had a look at that site, some pretty good info on there.

But all the data is simulated :/ so it's not real world testing

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just had a look at that site, some pretty good info on there.

But all the data is simulated :/ so it's not real world testing

Far out, how can they determine the car's performance without actually timing them? So there was no actual road test on these cars, I've just looked and the FG xr6 Turbo is only a fraction ahead of the Calais 6.0 and as we know that's not the case, the FG Turbo is very quick.

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
As I said I would be very happy to have a VE Calais 6.0 that accelerates as fast (on a flat road and with accurate speedo) as the one in this video clip, it would be line ball with my xr6t

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
:smoking:Zerone, whats your beef with the BTR box? I know they wont handle big power, but I find mine better to drive than the rubbish 6 speed auto Holden use. I know you can program the 6 speed, but do we need 6 gears with the modern power?
For a couple of grand, i had my BTR rebuilt to handle a bit more power:smoking:, and it is great to drive in the city, and out on the road.
And, If I am correct, the 6 speed manual didnt come out in the BA unless it did in the Typhoon/Tornado.

Anyway, sorry to get off the subject, mate has the G6ET, and loves it. Its his 3rd Falcon, had a BMW prior to the G, and said its far better than the Beemer.
And muso, you will spend way more money on an 8 to keep up with the turbo. 8s are nice, but that turbo power is very addictive:boxing:

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes I know boost is hard to beat but comparing an atmo engine to a force fed is not really a fair match anyway :) There would be three main reasons if I chose the Calais V 6.0 over a G6ET
1/ The V8 sound
2/ The V8 sound
3/ The V8 sound
:)

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
I used to like the V8 sound when I was 20 but now at 50 its just noise. I have a VE and an F6. For an everyday car I prefer the VE but for sheer driving pleasure you cant beat the F6

That said I could easily own a V8 Calais. Great car.

In the end you must be happy with your choice. We all drive different cars for different reasons. For me if you modify a car with big wheels , loud exhaust etc you are portraying a TOUGH car. A TOUGH car needs to be powerful and fast. For me thats not a 250rwkw car. Now this is totally different to a stock calais or HSV because a stock car is just that stock and the owner isnt trying to prove anything.

Last edited:

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
make a build thread for ur falcon car

(might have been the one I smoked a few weeks ago - is it blue?)

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
I dont think your smoke is coming off the tyres.

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
lolricl............

If my black tyres make white smoke then if I had white tyres would they make black smoke?