Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much faster than stock is this Calais v 6.0

Longman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0 Auto
I looooove my calais v. When i told the missus i was buying it she was all "why do u want a v8 ya hoon, nag nag". First thing she said when she saw it was "ooh, thats sexy". First drive, big smile, have to fight her now for the keys. Buy it and love it mate.

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA xr6 turbo Heinrich tuned to 300 rwkw's
That certainly is sexy BehaveSS and it's a wagon that's even better :) Kind of like a sexy woman who is also practical :)
Thanks for posting pic.

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the info about the AFM guys, I have always been a bit dubious about AFM so I will avoid L76 AFM and stick to L98 :)

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
Does the 6 speed trans in the Calais V improve with a tune, I've heard it does, I've read quite a few negative reviews about it in stock form

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
A decent trans tune will make the world of difference. I need to get mine done.

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
A decent trans tune will make the world of difference. I need to get mine done.

Is the trans tuned with the engine (like my car was with firmer shifts to reduce heat) or is the trans tuned separately?

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Not 100% sure muso. Will be seeing my tuner this week, and will ask. Someone may know for sure.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
The transmission is vastly better with a good tune. (TCM Tune)

You will need to check with your tuner though as to if it comes with or without an engine tune (PCM Tune).
(Some will charge extra as it is an extra separate tune file, and some may throw it in for free, depending on whom and how much they charge for the PCM tune).

I have mine tuned so as with light throttle, gear changes are very early, (To conserve fuel), and I have opted for firmer transmission shifts.
This has almost removed the harsh very low speed 2nd->1st gear change with throttle application shift. (Its still there, but I can always play with it later to try and make things better).
In Sport mode, my thing holds gears for much longer than the standard Auto Tune, and is much more willing to kick down on light throttle applications.

Also one thing to look out for, if you want an L98, then you will be looking at an early CalaisV. (I think MY07 to MY09).
This means the Series II models will be out (So no Holden IQ and Sat Nav will be an option), but also means that you should get some of the goodies that were pulled on later models (Like the 8 way passenger power seat, and RSE/DVD Player that was pulled on the Series II models).

I hope this helps.

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
Great Help Zerone-V cheers :)
P.S. Love the colour of the car in your avatar :)