Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much faster than stock is this Calais v 6.0

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA xr6 turbo Heinrich tuned to 300 rwkw's
Re-colour of the car in avatar is that called 'Morpheus'?

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
I dunno what colour its meant to be, but the avatar image is from a CGI Render of a VE CalaisV

image.php

My CalaisV is plain old boring RSL Sandstorm Beige Lol

Patrick13389

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
Hey muso

Just on the gearbox tune when I had mine done it was all included with the Mafless when it was done as its been mentioned above it completely changes the car I drive my Calais in the tip tronic 99% of the time and when you put your boot into it she will quite happily chirp second gear.

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers Patrick yeah my T does that sometimes, I had the shifts firmed up included in Bruce's tune

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'd just like to mention how impressed I have been with the good manners and conduct of the people on this forum, I have seen some quite heated exchanges happening on some forums regarding Holden versus Ford topics.
This forum is really cool and I was welcomed and treated with respect as a Ford xr6t driver on a Holden forum cheers everyone, drive safe Muso :)

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Cheers Patrick yeah my T does that sometimes, I had the shifts firmed up included in Bruce's tune
Not a lot can be changed with the BTR, really need to go for a drive in a tuned ZF equipted car.

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not a lot can be changed with the BTR, really need to go for a drive in a tuned ZF equipted car.

Yes I can only imagine how good a tuned T would be with the World class ZF :)

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
My BTR has been "built" to handle more power, and shifts improved. Am very happy with the way it performs.
Done by DRW at Lonsdale.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
I'd just like to mention how impressed I have been with the good manners and conduct of the people on this forum, I have seen some quite heated exchanges happening on some forums regarding Holden versus Ford topics.
This forum is really cool and I was welcomed and treated with respect as a Ford xr6t driver on a Holden forum cheers everyone, drive safe Muso :)

Yeah, its a shame how some forums can turn a discussion like this to crap.
To be honest, as a consumer, we really need both Holden and Ford to produce world class cars in Australia.
If one brand stops manufacturing, the other manufacturer will slacken off.
(Also the parts supply chain will inevitably die due to the costs involved in producing lower volumes).

I think if you were to say that you were going to buy a Chery, or Great Wall POS, and wanted to know how it compared to an I6T, then the discussion would be completely different Lol.

Also, any ideas what you want to do with the CalaisV if you end up purchasing one ?
(Of all the mods I have done so far on mine, the Brembo/HSV brake upgrade rates very highly, followed by the IQ upgrade).