Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how much for a new windscreen

helay39

VTV85L
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec 5L Manual
as the title says im after a price for a new windscreen for my vl commodore as the 20cm crack that was in it is now the legth of the windscreen so i figure i should replae it now

any know how much they cost fitted??????

cheers ;)

stretch

Just Commodores Shop
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Saloon Car
Generally they are around the $140 to $160 Thats what I paid for a new screen for my VN and I don't think there is much difference in the price for a VL

235rwkw

Reaction score
150 plus fitted.

should have fixed the crack when it was small, to stop it growing.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Indeed, if you've got a small crack (thats so suss) - take it into Novus or a repair joint, if they can't fix the crack the generally give you so much off the new windscreen.

helay39

VTV85L
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec 5L Manual
hahahaha get this i went and got a quote today for a new windscreen i was quoted $240 for the windscreen and anywhere from $100 to $200 to repair wat eva rust there is i think hes tryin to rip me of wata u think

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
quoted $240 for the windscreen and anywhere from $100 to $200 to repair wat eva rust there is i think hes tryin to rip me of wata u think

For the windscreen yes he is ripping you off I have never ever paid more then $170 for a brand new windscreen installed. As for the rust is there any rust ? :confused: I would ask not to put the new windscreen in till I've seen the rust after taking the old winscreen out or they pull one of those con jobs on you. Be carefull if you go ahead.

N

nauta_boiVL

since we are on the windscreen topic.... i tried to get the windscreen out on my car and it bloody well cracked!! does any1 know how to remove windscreens and rear windows???

helay39

VTV85L
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec 5L Manual
its near impossible to remove a vl windscreen with out it crackin :b: :b:

N

nauta_boiVL

dam!! i thought that was the case.... so i just remove all the rubbers, then push it hard to get it out??

helay39

VTV85L
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec 5L Manual
should slip out quite easily once all the rubbers are removed if not just give it a bash around the edges