Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much for clutch?

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
gday i was wondering if anyone new how much a new clutch costed? and how much to be put in?

I think mines on the way out, when i 1st start it and take off it sometimes jumps and feels like it slips then suddenly grabs and slips again and does this about 3times per second so its a realy rough take off and it sometimes looks like i dont know how to drive haha. But when it warms up a bit it starts coming good again. Oh and on hillstarts it does it. Would this mean the clutch is on its way out? Or what would be causeing this? anyway to adjust this? cheers.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
As long as your clutch pedal is about level with the brake pedal theres not much to adjust.If you use a repco clutch/pressure plate kit you are looking at 300-350 retail or less of course for trade.Add 30 to machine your flywheel and probably 200-300 for labour to fit it.

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
get an extreme clutch from adelaide clutches. they sometimes do an exchange if they can use your old clutch. they are very good to deal with. i have bought a couple off them. i got a ceramic clutch for my pulsar. it is a good street clutch. they are really soft on take off. and i have never had mine slip..

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
How much are they worth?

canb_vn06

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais turbs vr 3.8
i got a new clutch for my 5 speed fitted by a backyard mechanic in canberra for $450

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
300 - 350 for a HD clutch... around 250 for standard.

80 for machineing of flywheel and then 3-4 hours work (ripping out tranny etc) at 60 an hour, 240ish to have in. Not cheap to do!

aZk.

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
i forget how much my clutch cost. but most of the cost was the pressure place. the clutch plate itself was pretty cheap.. i did find the reciept the other day but i don't knwo where i put it.. it was a few years ago when i bought my ceramin one.. what ever you get. make sure it has springs in it. don't go getting a solid button clutch. if i was you i would ring adelaide clutches and tell them what you want and what you have and they will give you a bit of advice..

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
I paid $220 for a thurst bearing_clutch+pressure plate with v8 diaphram (for my v6) all brand new, plus 15 bux delivery to my door....

fitted myself in one night.

looking at around 300 labour at a mechanic i'd say.

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
really ya don't need a heavy duty pressure plate.. depends how ya drive really. if ya just putt around there is now point. i know when i bought a new clutch for my rodeo i was going to get a heavy duty pressure plate but they cost a shitload for deisel rodeo's. so i got the standard one which is supose to be 20% heavier. i tow a lot of wood and hay with my ute. sometimes around 4 tonne's with the trailer on the back. and it hasn't slipped once. so ya really gotta think of what ya want.. i have a heavy duty clutch in my VN and it is pretty stiff. my girlfriends hates it. so she doesn't drive it, which works out good.. hahaha

4PLAYN

Reaction score
Where is a good place to go in SA to get them. I would like to know a reccomended place to buy them as i burnt mine away quite well. JSTPOZN rekons that the clutch cable is gone and isnt connected. I hope to pull the box off in the next week or so (weather and work permitting) and have a good look at the situation. I would like a HD clutch as i will be towing trailers with cars occasionally and also hauling rather large loads inside and in the trailer on occasions. Anyone with idea of what i would need. for the usage that i will use next year when i get my p's ... should i go standard or HD?

Cheers in advance.

Adam :w00t: