Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much for my WGR commodore

WGRNO1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss
hi guys just wondering what my vr wayne gardener racing commodore is worth?i've had it 4 about 6/7 years and now is just sitting out in the weather so thinking maybe time 2 let it go.. it needs some TLC,it has a chipped up v6 full recaro int, antera wheels, K-mac suspention, fully badged inside and out ETC ETC ETC it woz built as a display vehicle 2 take around 2the tracks but has no com plates as there woz 3 different series and 1 didnt have plates!(if you google WGR COMMODORE and click on web images and it is the silver commodore Wayne is standing beside) cheers Glenn

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Never even heard of a Wayne Gardner Racing VS before now. What is it/designed for?

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
WGR commodores were like commodores with different options i think, werent badged as a holden though.

WGRNO1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss
they r a group A...dressed with all the good stuff and engines were built by Larry Pirkins...i think Wayne Gardner woz going down the lines of the Peter Brock commodores...and did a great job of it 2!! The thing i would like 2 know is what it would be worth...only ever seen 2 of them and that woz on the internet!

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
prices seem to vary from $13,000(carsguide) up to $55,000(austrailan muscle car sales) so i guess it depends what kind of condition it is in an what the person selling thinks it is worth an it looks like there were only 75 made.Hope this helps

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
There's one getting around warrnambool and it looks pretty slick i've got to say. As for price not too sure.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
is it an auto or manual?

i would say it wouldnt be worth mega money as its a v6, not a v8 and the lack of a complience plate as you've said (not road legal) may play against yourself.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
WGR was Wayne Gardener's attempt at a "special vehicle" build. Unfortunately it lacked the same thing that every other HSV knock off - no factory warranty. Thus build numbers were very limited.

It is very hard to value those cars now as to the right person they are worth a bit however (as evidenced above) they are not widely known. As matey said above too - V6 will limit it's appeal.

Reaper

Dalspeck

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS 2 cuubsport
WGR 1 as the number plate and build tag says is in new Zealand at my mate's place. It's long lost the LS and auto is now running a supercharged 304 and T5 manual.

Dalspeck

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS 2 cuubsport
hi guys just wondering what my vr wayne gardener racing commodore is worth?i've had it 4 about 6/7 years and now is just sitting out in the weather so thinking maybe time 2 let it go.. it needs some TLC,it has a chipped up v6 full recaro int, antera wheels, K-mac suspention, fully badged inside and out ETC ETC ETC it woz built as a display vehicle 2 take around 2the tracks but has no com plates as there woz 3 different series and 1 didnt have plates!(if you google WGR COMMODORE and click on web images and it is the silver commodore Wayne is standing beside) cheers Glenn