Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much foreign aid can we expect?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
no offence, but a pretty stupid thread. how much foreign aid do we NEED?

none

/thread

Missed the point, didn't you? It's probable that we can deal with whatever occurs without foreign aid. My point was that we always put our hands up to help others when they are in strife. I wanted to know if other countries would be so willing to help us. So, not such a useless thread after all. Don't like it, don't read it.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Get the refugees into the clean up effort.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Missed the point, didn't you? It's probable that we can deal with whatever occurs without foreign aid.

you missed my point: thats what makes me the most proud to be australian.

i would rather sit in a dank swap than ask for a hand out from pakistan/india/china/vietnam/cambodia/japan/indonesia/fance/germany/england/USA/etc/etc/etc/etc.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
obama needs to send some mexicans down and clean our mess.

/thread

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
you missed my point: thats what makes me the most proud to be australian.

i would rather sit in a dank swap than ask for a hand out from pakistan/india/china/vietnam/cambodia/japan/indonesia/fance/germany/england/USA/etc/etc/etc/etc.

Christ Ari, how hard is it to understand? You've extracted the first sentence from my post. What did I say in the second and third sentences?

I was interested to see if other countries would at least OFFER to help after all that we had done for so many others. OFFER, that's all. We don't need assistance from countries like Sri Lanka or East Timor, and I'm glad to admit that my first post was wide of the mark, because I doubted anybody apart from the US would offer, and a number did. I was speculating whether other countries would be as magnanimous towards us in our hour of trouble, as we have been to so many of them in theirs.

End of rant.

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
Get the refugees into the clean up effort.

thats a damn good idea, put them to work filling sandbags, building levee banks, assisting clean up/rebuilding efforts. if they are fit and able but dont want to do some work then throw them in the drink.

but if they want to help out, give them the good old aussie "fair go". maybe let them stay after its over if they're not a terrrorist or religous nutcase

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
We can look after ourselves. The Brits and Germans can too. We did not send money to them did we? Western countries offer support to each other in a different way. Like we get US firefighting aircraft when we have fires as we do for them. We, and they, send money to countries that cannot look after themselves. If we did not help these countries populations in time of need you can be damn sure they'll be trying to go elsewhere and you wouldn't like that, would you?:rofl2:

Foreign aid is very important from a national security POV.

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
The foreign aid from overseas will be good, as long as they mark it as 'gift' on the postage details, otherwise we'll have to pay GST on aid of over $1000.

Psss.
Don't let Gerry Harvey in on it or he will press the government for a GST on foreighn aid.