Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how much Hp can a scat 355 cast crank handle

kiwi pup

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V8 Excetuive
hi all, probly been asked before but looking at a scat cast crank to go in my stroker 355 i am building. wanting to know how much power people are making out of them or should i look at a better and more expensive item. the scat is value for money.
looking at eventually going 6/71 blower on it with up to 10psi, would like 600 to 700hp streeter, only wanna turn it to 7000rpm, its a toy so not a burn out monster or race car.
shopping for a roller conversion cam, main stud girdle like the pavtek. have ported heads with bigger intake valves.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I think you might need to go a more expensive crank for the insurance.
Also, i was lead to beleive that a 4bolt or 1/2" stud conversion is stronger on the mains than a girdle is.
You are charginf it after all.

H

harrop.senator

7k and a blower that big i wouldn't bother with cast fair few people have broken noses off the scat cranks in the us without driving a charger.

4 bolt main ftw if money permits . Also 7k means forged pistons with the fps they'll be running at little own with forced induction.

Do it once do it right.