Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much is a 304 v8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
lol, clearly you're not serious. if you want 300 to 450(!!!!!!!)kw at the wheels, try adding a couple of trailing zeros onto your budget.

i don't even know how possible this is out of a 304 anyway. 383 maybe. and you're not talking a daily driver.

Last edited:

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Do you like getting flamed mate?? Your telling us what an International is.......And then if you did get an International (personally i don't think any International owner would sell it to you!!) you'd be happy with 450 KW at the wheels...!!!

Seriously buy a Hyundai Excel. There not all that bad, for 1 .5 Twin Cam....And there's plenty of off the shelf Turbo kits to suit them, which will give you enough power to hose a stock 304......

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
I really like a vp calais international, but they are like pretty rare, only 300 were made and they had ss and caprice options. Doesn't matter what sort of car i'll be getting, it will have a 304 v8 and will be either a vn to vs model. The parts that will be going into the car will be, a 2.5 inch exhaust with hi flow cats and pacemaker extractors, either a crow cam or a crane 288 solid cam for that lumpy sound, a vortech supercharger or two turbos, more likely a supercharger. Interior will be black with fusion car audio stuff like 6x9's, subs, amps, fusion mp3 cd tuner and a momo steering wheel. I'd be happy with around 300 kilowatts to 450 kilowatts at the wheels , either way this car will be a daily driver when i'm finished with it and will be treated with respect, which means i won't be doing any street racing, burnouts or donuts in it. The colour of the car will be metallic red or black, haven't decided that yet.

mate are you crazy you want 450rwkw i just built a ls1 ad it aint making 450rwkw and it cost about 16 grand its only N/A no forced induction so i dont kow how in the world your going to fund this project because i can tell you now getting 450rwkw will not be a cheap process and you will not be able to keep it realiable enough to have as a daily driver thats for sure

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I really like a vp calais international, but they are like pretty rare, only 300 were made and they had ss and caprice options. Doesn't matter what sort of car i'll be getting, it will have a 304 v8 and will be either a vn to vs model. The parts that will be going into the car will be, a 2.5 inch exhaust with hi flow cats and pacemaker extractors, either a crow cam or a crane 288 solid cam for that lumpy sound, a vortech supercharger or two turbos, more likely a supercharger. Interior will be black with fusion car audio stuff like 6x9's, subs, amps, fusion mp3 cd tuner and a momo steering wheel. I'd be happy with around 300 kilowatts to 450 kilowatts at the wheels , either way this car will be a daily driver when i'm finished with it and will be treated with respect, which means i won't be doing any street racing, burnouts or donuts in it. The colour of the car will be metallic red or black, haven't decided that yet.

I don't think you are going to get anywhere near 450rwkw with that setup. You will probalby need to look at a full in car pc with a 42" wide screen lcd monitor to get anywhere near that. Might need 2 come to think of it......

Reaper

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I smell a troll.

117416_76837_Unsuccessful.jpg

VZHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
z

LMFAO ! this is a joke .. talking a 9second pass with that kinda power

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Seriously buy a Hyundai Excel. There not all that bad, for 1 .5 Twin Cam....And there's plenty of off the shelf Turbo kits to suit them, which will give you enough power to hose a stock 304......

at least with a twin cam car he actually can put 2 cams in it and still have it run

Commodores86

Reaction score
Members Ride
had a vk commodore
This is pretty funny, reading the messages you guys write. Of course i would need to stroke it to a 383 or a 355, if i want 300 to 450 kilowatts. But hell i'd be happy with a vn v8 that's just got a 2.5 inch exhaust, cam and perheaps a supercharger or turbo and plus if i put too much into the car, it's just gonna get raped by the cops and i'll have a defect which sucks. There's actually a calais international for sale in QLD for 4 grand, but that's in QLD, hundred's of k's away from where i live. I'd be happy with a vn calais that has a v8 in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.