Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much is a 304 v8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commodores86

Reaction score
Members Ride
had a vk commodore
One Important question are vn's and vp's easy to get stolen like vk's are? If you say that vk's aren't, read this. You only need a screw driver to get into one and to start it, i've done it to my own car that i had, coz i left my keys in there and go ask the cops, they'll tell you the same thing. Of course i know if i make it like a show car, that it will probably get stolen, hopefully it won't be.

I only be paying 5 grand for a vn or vp v8. Let me know if you have one for sale and live in Adelaide which is easy for me to go, because i just live 2 hours from place itself.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
If i found a VN/VP , with a 383, 450KW, twin turbo and (2 cams):bang: with no security system, i'd steal the farkin thing !!!!

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
Of course i would need to stroke it to a 383 or a 355, if i want 300 to 450 kilowatts.

I only be paying 5 grand for a vn or vp v8.

no, you see it's not the power that's funny, but it's the fact that you're talking about price. if you don't want to spend more than $5,000 on a car, how are you going to feel spending $40,000+ chasing 450kw at the wheels in a ricketty old vn/vp?

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
If i found a VN/VP , with a 383, 450KW, twin turbo and (2 cams):bang: with no security system, i'd steal the farkin thing !!!!

I'll watch for the cops for ya, I was gonna go for seven cams in the calais and 9 in the ecotec. that should give me at least 900rwkw in each. Sorry dumbass, I couldn't help myself.:yeah:

Commodores86

Reaction score
Members Ride
had a vk commodore
Doesn't matter if a car has a security system, if some one wanted your car they will stop at nothing to get it and even if they have to knock the owner of the car out. No car in the world is unstealable especially in Australia.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Mine's unstealable. It has no dashboard, the ECU isn't plugged in, half the climate control and the steering wheel is inside the house and the battery is in the garage.

After you re-assembled the car, you'd have to steal my trailer first, and by then I'd be out in the driveway beating your head in with a broken driveshaft.

And don't talk to me about towtrucks. My driveway isn't even a foot wider than a family sedan :)

Commodores86

Reaction score
Members Ride
had a vk commodore
I didn't say that i'm going to spend 5 grand on a car, that's how much i will be buying a car for, not how much i'm going to spend on it and plus i'd only be working on one car and i want it to be either a vn or vp, because i like the look of them and they can look pretty mean when done up. I've already have the look of the car that i want the car to look like and it'll take a number of years to get it all finish, but first gotta get a car with a v8 in it first. Cars aren't my passion, my passion is reptiles, but i will work on doing up a car just once and it'll have a v8, 20 inch rims, 2.5 inch exhaust, cam, a nice sound system with 6 fusion subs, 2 amps, 4 6x9's and a couple of speakers in the front doors, whatever they are called.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
6 subs... what is going on here.

i think you also need to re-read my post :). the term spending 5 grand on a car is ambiguous, it could mean you are spending 5 grand to purchase a car or 5 grand to modify a car. i was referring to the purchase. and what i meant was that if you're only willing to spend 5 grand purchasing a car, then i can't imagine you'd be willing to spend another 40 grand on modifying it. if you had the funds to make 450rwkw then you would not be trying to purchase a car for 5 grand, i guarantee it.

FirstVR_JC

Reaction score
Members Ride
RALLIART Magna
... what is going on here.

^^^lol^^^ This thread is bizarre :confused:

I guess it is ok to have big plans, but these plans are tremendous!

Status
Not open for further replies.