Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much is a VL REALLY worth?

Critical Jim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VL SL
Redbook would be useless for a VL Commodore.

VL's vary so much in condition and appearance, original, modified etc.

Mine will be up for sale soon, and no way in hell I'm going to follow their recommendations .

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Follow the emerging tread on here....
$250 per tonne.

Sounds like a good value not using Redbook

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
I paid 4k for mine 12 months ago (96k, 1 owner, log books) and i think that was reasonable, but now i have turbod it properly with all the right gear and because its a convert its still only work 4k lol.... I love my VL & wouldnt be interested in selling it anyways but thats just the going trend in the VL market... I have seen people asking stupid money for og Calais turbos & if thats what they feel there worth then its there right to put the price on it at the end of the day.... Red book is good for newer cars but usless for 15yo+ cars

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
give it a few years, the more that are sold cheap and written off/wrecked will end up being the soup cans you buy at the supermarket, the more sold cheaply will lower their numbers and in years to come they'll be hard to find and the mint condition one in your shed will be worth alot more :p (the ones in the back paddock half rusted will be worth more than their scrap value now... although there's not much metal in them to start with to last long enough in a paddock)

they are worth about $250 A TONNE at the scrap yard.

Does this work like coke cans, if i fill it with rocks it's worth more?

Ozzyjim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Also noticed a lot that cars vary in price state to state.... My guess is the richie states dont want their cars n dump them off, where other sates thrive on theese cars as they can't afford newer vehicles, driving the price up...

Daves88vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Executive
Paid $3k for mine with 6 months rego but mind you it has only done 62,000kms and is as tight as when it was new. It was my uncle's late mother's car and the back seat has never had anyone sit on it. Quick clean of the interior and a hit of armor all and all the interior is now back to show room condition. Needs new front and rear bumpers $300, new front and rear lights $120, new mirrors $60 and 2 small dings fixed and exterior while be back to new aswell. Small price to pay for a nice clean looking car.

Last edited:

VSHeaven

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S2
Guy at work has a white VL Calais V8 totally unmolested that he bought off a grandpa. He has had it stored for 6 years and has now decided to sell it. 13-15k..lol

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
lets see how much he actually gets for it ;)

Reaper

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
^ depends on the condition, if it is mint and low Klm's (and I mean mint condition) I think 12K is pretty close to the mark, maybe even more if it is white over silver with red trim, they look sweet.