Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how much is different in the 2010 l98ss and the 2010 hsv gts engine specs

ivyssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ivy ssv
can someone tell me what's the difference bet
ween the 2010 ss and hsv engines like cams lifters springs an whatnot

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Main thing is camshaft, the heads fit a teeny bit better and the bore x stroke ratio is closer to the ideal due to a teeny bit bigger bore (a pube each side of the slug) plus the use of a lighter intake valve means... the 6.2 is slightly better suited to high rpm operation (HP). Valve springs, pistons and rings, are different spec as a result.
That year automatic SS featured AFM cylinder deactivation via ECU controlled collapsible lifters and from September with the Series II also revised camshaft, Ethanol Flex fuel capability, and same engine for manual and auto. This introduced greater efficiency (reduced fuel consumption) and comparable torque with huge drop in emissions.

ivyssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ivy ssv
sweet ... I'm only going off the l98 cos that's what I run with and wanted an upgrade but it doesn't make sense to do the hsv kit when i can fit the vcm713 and kit for prob cheaper lol as I'll be fitting it myself lol ..

cheers for the info overload though mate