Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how much is it to lower a car?

HoLDenGuY

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Commordore
Hi guy just if anyone has lowered their car particular in a VR Commordore, im interested in lowering the back a bit, has anyone done? How much does it cost? thanks

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
depends how low u want it, if its irs, a pair of springs will set you back around $150, more for irs, shocks 150-200 depends on brand and what you need, and fitting unless you do it yourself. most people pay roughly 600 upwards for fitted all round, so half that for just rear.

VROCIOUS

Searching for more HP
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
04 HSV VY update Avalanche
how long is a peice of string?

depends what you want, if you go the full way and get shocks and springs, if you fit it yourself, are there addons like coilovers etc and most importantly what brand.

Budget 500-1k for a good brand superlows with good quality gas shocks to back it up

itchy pits

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz
$1200 is the best so far for new shocks and springs all round (super lows.)
the lenght of a piece of string is the distance to the middle x 2 :D

Peasant

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S Manual Black
$315 for 4 king spring superlows + 2 rear struts of ebay + $16 postage. $100 - $150 to get them fitted. $415 - $465 and u b sweet

B

Butters

i got quoted 450 to lower my VN 30ml with kingsprings all round, but sounded like the guy was gunna not replace the old shocks, which is dodgy!! in fact isnt that illegal? no way theyd give u a roadworthy like that. theres the chance of the springs coming out on the highway or somewhere. im gunna lower mine 30 all round and i figure once it settles, i could find it a couple ml lower lol :p

Peasant

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S Manual Black
I know that in a VS u can get away with not replacing your shocks if your only droping 30ml (lows) but if you go to superlows (50 - 60ml) you need to replace rear shocks with shorter ones. Not sure if its the same with the VN's

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
it is safe to lower the rear 30mm and not use shorter socks on either vn-vs, because its not a big enough drop to fall out. any lower and then you need shorter shocks. i have mine on kings lows now, and its been fine, im putting superlows in in a couple weeks and im getting short shocks for rear.

A

Australian&Antichrist

i paid around $650 at JHP that including king springs & new shockers, and i top fukkin job!