Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] how much is my ute worth

zeezbrah

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 svz ute
Hi forum,
Just wondering how much my ute is worth . I have a 2007 SVZ Ute with 210,000 kms done. Its auto, no rego, no RWC. It has rear dent and a few more, scratches here and there but fixable all under $500.

I got it off a mate who was a tradie and didnt take care of the interior all that well. There's work to be done to get it back on the road such as front engine mounts, rear brake paids, new steering wheel, front fog lights, fuses, ignition barrell, immobilizer system sometimes makes it hard for me to start the car up sometimes. Has a sports exhaust which sounds great.

Some photos uploaded to imgur.
https://imgur.com/a/3SNFMeJ

Just wondering how much i should its worth? It's a long term project of mine and i'm considering whether to sell it off or keep

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
[QUOTE="zeezbrah, post: 3001234, It has rear dent and a few more, scratches here and there but fixable all under $500.[/QUOTE] 500 bucks it would be a quick bodge up for that, surely. Have you got a price or is this doing it yourself?

zeezbrah

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 svz ute
[QUOTE="zeezbrah, post: 3001234, It has rear dent and a few more, scratches here and there but fixable all under $500.
500 bucks it would be a quick bodge up for that, surely. Have you got a price or is this doing it yourself?[/QUOTE]

Got a quote from a panel beater nearby he said between 400-1000 depending on how i want it done but fixing the dents is the last thing on my things to do. it needs mechanical work. drives fine but not safe to drive

just looking for opinions on how much i can sell it for without doing anything let me know what you think cheers

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Try Redbook thats what dealers and ins Cos use to determine market value.

zeezbrah

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 svz ute
Hmm...redbook says

Private Price Guide $7,800 - $9,800
*Trade In Price Guide $5,300 - $7,300
*Average Km 240,000 - 360,000
*Price When New $30,990*Price Guide (EGC)

Unsure if i should fix up or not.

How much am i looking to spend if i take the ute to get the following things done for a rwc

rear brake pads
rear discs
ignition barrel change
front engine mounts
engine service
transmission service
timing belt

afaik timing belt is still the original not sure if it has much left before it snaps