Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much love is left for the VS

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
What to do with this one v6 auto the diff is noisy, head trim is sagged ,the bcm doesn't work no central locking windows only go down not up The paint will polish up not too bad 2 better front seats would be easier than cleaning the seats and 4 tyres.
If I got the car for free would I make any money getting it roadworthy and selling it?
Or does one spend the time wrecking it and trying to sell the parts.

whitevsdunger.png

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I guess if your saw my sons car when I picked it up for $300 and saw it now you'd know the answer.

ATM no VS's are in the money making category, but it's folks that just wreck them for the sake of a quick buck one after the other will make them far more valuable than what they currently are at the moment. I've been offered $2000 for it as you see it below. But in saying that it's had a solid 3 weeks spent on it and about $800 in parts. Now if I added my time to it, then definitely not. As it currently stands my lad loves it to bits and doesn't want to part with it apart from scoring a potential 215 1998 HSV Grange in Cherry Black that will come up shortly.

PS. What looks like a bit of body rash on the rear quarter panel in the image below is merely nothing more than a reflection from the wagon in the driveway that's got a silver waterproof car cover over it.

IMG_2517 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Spoke to a wreckers about 2 months ago and he said he sends VR, VS, VT and VX's straight to the scrappers......Not enough room to store them (has 300 spaces) and not enough demand for parts to warrant hanging onto them for wrecking purposes.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
That's the exact position they are in at the moment. I remember when the rows were full of VK's and VL's, now look at the current situation with them........and this is because they hoed through them at a million miles per hour.

Just about every model of car goes through that worthless period and then suddenly where did all the XX models suddenly go ?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I reckon VS's get as much love as cats on the internet. What a great car.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
so that's why idiots get them and do circle work in the middle of Melbourne's CBD and run people down with them ??? How bloody sad that was for all concerned.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I reckon that idiot didn't choose to use a VS because it was a VS.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Spoke to a wreckers about 2 months ago and he said he sends VR, VS, VT and VX's straight to the scrappers......Not enough room to store them (has 300 spaces) and not enough demand for parts to warrant hanging onto them for wrecking purposes.

That's interesting the big wrecker here in the north doesn't carry any VR or any VS and hasn't for 10 years. Another wrecker hasn't had anything pre VT for 15 years. The self serve wrecker has maybe 10 VR & VS combined but there is nothing much on them. There was a wagon I was raiding as that was the closest thing he has to a ute and that was sent to scrap. Much to my disappointment because it still had some bits that would have been good for me. Spoke to another wrecker about Stato or Calais parts and it's been years since he has been able to get one. He said you never know he might get one in. But I asked the same question 12- 18 months ago and got the same answer.
There was a VR wagon complete, no damage but with a fucked starter that I could have picked up for 200 bucks a couple of weeks ago. I didn't really have the coin to have it trucked to my house 2.5hrs away and the Church would have chucked a fit if I had it sitting in the yard here.

I think once parts become scarce they will increase in value, especially ones that have some upgrades. How long is the only unanswerable question, could be 10 years could be 30 or 40?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
the Church would have chucked a fit

Huh ????

I think once parts become scarce they will increase in value

That's why I haven't done anything with "the turtle" that I bought a few months back for $400 and only 98,000K's on it.

But in saying all of the above I strongly feel that once Australia gets it's ass into gear with electric vehicles just like Europe is doing then all these petrol powered machines will be worth no more than scrap prices.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Huh ????.

We rent a house owned by the Church, we attend. This is the home close to Town that I spend most of my week since I got married.