Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much love is left for the VS

Jasminka

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cerise Caprice
so that's why idiots get them and do circle work in the middle of Melbourne's CBD and run people down with them ??? How bloody sad that was for all concerned.
Not just old Commodores - watch the evening news: some joyrider steals an SSV or XR6, crashes it, or if they got away set fire to it. So the suppy dwindles.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Hi Losh, It sounds like you could do the same as me and that's "Saving the Planet, one VR at a time" in my case, one VS at a time.

Last edited:

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
VS's are getting up in value and popularity again

BUT....you need to pick your models, in my opinion much like previous models the V6 will be worthless for a good long while until all the V8 shells are long gone and people just want a clean donor body.

an SS, Calais V8, Clubsport/Senator etc are all pushing high $$ these days (with VS HSV's pulling $20-25k for a good example now). As is tradition with Holdens the V8's will always have a resurgence once they come towards classic status (just look at the VN SS).

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Local wrecker who has a flatbed wants $430 to pick the wagon up and drop it off. Too much, need another plan.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
One of Holden's ugliest wheels in my opinion along with the VP SS Charf cutters, especially after the fantastic VL Calais rims

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
That's interesting the big wrecker here in the north doesn't carry any VR or any VS and hasn't for 10 years. Another wrecker hasn't had anything pre VT for 15 years. The self serve wrecker has maybe 10 VR & VS combined but there is nothing much on them. There was a wagon I was raiding as that was the closest thing he has to a ute and that was sent to scrap. Much to my disappointment because it still had some bits that would have been good for me. Spoke to another wrecker about Stato or Calais parts and it's been years since he has been able to get one. He said you never know he might get one in. But I asked the same question 12- 18 months ago and got the same answer.
There was a VR wagon complete, no damage but with a fucked starter that I could have picked up for 200 bucks a couple of weeks ago. I didn't really have the coin to have it trucked to my house 2.5hrs away and the Church would have chucked a fit if I had it sitting in the yard here.

I think once parts become scarce they will increase in value, especially ones that have some upgrades. How long is the only unanswerable question, could be 10 years could be 30 or 40?

Could be due to S.A having a fairly old fleet of cars......The coppers seem to have a blitz every 6 months or so, where they set up defect stations and defect cars left right and centre....

Then you could combine in, cars are fairly cheap in this state, so if something expensive goes wrong, eg a trans or motor, people just take the car to the wreckers and buy another car......

Personally, with that cheap wagon you can get, with the difficultity you seem to have buying parts, I'd be paying the coin to get it. Whilst it may seem "expensive" at this stage, down the track you'll be happy you did spend the coin, with the savings you'd make with the parts it offers up.....The only problem would be where you'd store it.....Maybe throw a starter in it, with a permit, drive it to your home, with your wife following to collect you at the other end?

Worth thinking about

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
That's the exact position they are in at the moment. I remember when the rows were full of VK's and VL's, now look at the current situation with them........and this is because they hoed through them at a million miles per hour.

Just about every model of car goes through that worthless period and then suddenly where did all the XX models suddenly go ?

This is true....I have found, by heading to the country areas, you find the hard to get parts for cars that have dissappeared from city wrecking yards. Country folk tend to hang onto older stuff, which makes it more beneficial for us city folk

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Could be due to S.A having a fairly old fleet of cars......The coppers seem to have a blitz every 6 months or so, where they set up defect stations and defect cars left right and centre....

Then you could combine in, cars are fairly cheap in this state, so if something expensive goes wrong, eg a trans or motor, people just take the car to the wreckers and buy another car......

Personally, with that cheap wagon you can get, with the difficultity you seem to have buying parts, I'd be paying the coin to get it. Whilst it may seem "expensive" at this stage, down the track you'll be happy you did spend the coin, with the savings you'd make with the parts it offers up.....The only problem would be where you'd store it.....Maybe throw a starter in it, with a permit, drive it to your home, with your wife following to collect you at the other end?

Worth thinking about
yeah I think i want to get it. For 150 bucks for basically a complete wagon it will be well worth it. I might have to just go pay for it and work out the picking it up a week or two later. Talking to the father in law who is on the leadership at the Church where we rent said i should get it and bring it up to the church and work out what to do with it from there. Now that I have permission to bring it here that makes it a bit easier. If I can get it running, yeah a permit would be the go.