Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how much "should" it cost to install springs into my car

89vn_Jai

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exectutive
Kernal:2201481 said:
I did mine myself, but I was quoted $350 supplied and fitted. Pedders springs. You can change to lowered shocks when the ones you have get worn. I never went with lowered shocks though and its still a comfy ride.

Also anyone who says your springs will "fall out" if you dont have lowered shocks are just retards lol.

^ is it just me or do you sound retarded? Springs CAN fall out. I have seen it. In certain situations this CAN be unsafe.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Also anyone who says your springs will "fall out" if you dont have lowered shocks are just retards lol.

I got told the same thing with my Superlow springs and stock shocks on a VS. Funnily enough when the car was fully jacked up with the rears in the air I couldn't pull them out by hand. I needed to undo the lower shock bolt to get them out. Don't know how they can fall out unless you're doing Dukes of Hazzard style jumps on your way to work every day

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
^ is it just me or do you sound retarded? Springs CAN fall out. I have seen it. In certain situations this CAN be unsafe.

So you saw some poor ####er driving along going about his day and suddenly his springs just. . . fell out?

doccortex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS Sedan
Tyres for Less at Villawood ( if in NSW ), have a deal going SSL Kingsprings, including fitting - $400

Davo vxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SS
Hey mate can you please tell me on how you fitted them? thanks bud

Oldskool

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Holden VX Commodore
Its not easy to do yaself if u dont have the machine to compress spring to fit on shocks

alan_blue

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve ss
where abouts are you mate? i may be able to do it for you if you are in the newcastle area

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
I had an 08 Omega before the SS, had SSL king springs fitted to it and it cost pretty close to $580 if i remember correctly.

That was fitted and wheel Alignment done.

Now please listen to what i have to say in regards to the "non fitment" of lowered shocks when running lowered springs.

On a good road surface you will not notice much of a difference in how the car rides, but show it's nose to the nearest bit of crap road and i can promise you that not having the correct shocks to match the springs will bite you in more ways than one.

I admit that i made that mistake when getting the springs for the Omega, i did not put enough thought into the overall package as i should.

And the ride quality and stability suffered as a result.

I am now in the process of saving for a Spring and Shock combo for the ute, because the ute only has springs at the moment which is not acceptable as far as i am concerned.

A friend of mine owns a SS sedan and has had spring and shock combo fitted and the ride and handling is far in advance of mine with just the springs.

I also understand that cost can be an issue and the springs may be an attractive option for the short term.

But you can now purchase good combos for pretty fair prices of places like ebay, and also one of the site sponsors here at Just Commodores. GSL RallySport .

In the end it's up to you mate what you buy, i am only sharing my experience with you to try and give you a heads up on what the VE Omega feels like "without" the full combo applied.

Cheers.

michaelkee2012

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
I've just had shocks and springs fitted, cost $300. I got everything from GSL in Sydney

Cheers