Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how much to tune a ssv manual?

RoaringSky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 Manual Sedan
Hi.

I'm getting extractors, cats and otr. Got quoted 1190 for a duno tune, with a piggy back unit so I can retain factory tune.

Seems very dear. Anyone got a place in western suburbs Melbourne that I can call? Cheers.

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
This guy done my ss, awesome guy and the best price going around, I think mafless was a little bit more but still cheap 230984691825 that's the eBay item number

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
So you're getting the exhaust and otr fitted plus a tune, if so that seems pretty reasonable.

RoaringSky

Reaction score
Members Ride
So you're getting the exhaust and otr fitted plus a tune, if so that seems pretty reasonable.

Na Na. I installed my cat back myself already. And soon I will install my extractors cats and vcm otr myself. The shop quoted me $1190 just for the dyno tune! Which will come with a piggy back fuel computer.

So essentially I'm getting a piggy back and a tune for $1190. Seems too dear to me.

Any suggestions guys?

RoaringSky

Reaction score
Members Ride
And cheers slepar. Found this guy on eBay. Will call them tomorrow. Sounds good.

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
Na Na. I installed my cat back myself already. And soon I will install my extractors cats and vcm otr myself. The shop quoted me $1190 just for the dyno tune! Which will come with a piggy back fuel computer.

So essentially I'm getting a piggy back and a tune for $1190. Seems too dear to me.

Any suggestions guys?

That is expensive for just a tune.

Where abouts are you located exactly so people can give some ideas about where to go.

RoaringSky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah man. A total rip off. I'm not gonna spend that much to tune a street car with minimum mods!

I am in Melbourne, western suburbs. There must be some tune shops in sunshine, hoppers crossing, Altona etc...

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
$1200 to tune a SSV V8 for why exactly, an extra 18rwhp? I don't see the point unless you need that 18rwhp for the drags.

RoaringSky

Reaction score
Members Ride
$1200 to tune a SSV V8 for why exactly, an extra 18rwhp? I don't see the point unless you need that 18rwhp for the drags.

Haha that's right wazza. Hence I'm not going to that rip off dodgy brother shop mate!

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG

Highly doubt the OP would only get 18rwhp from a tune.

Not sure if the OP has done a full exhaust system, but stock they dyno in at around 200-215rwkw (depending on dyno) and after full exhaust/intake/tune, standard sort of number expected from a 6litre is about 270rwkw.