Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much trans fluid a vs v6 take?

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Hey guys,

Was driving to a mates place today and stopped at a set of lights. When I put my foot on the accelerator when didn't go. Just rev'd like it was stuck in N. I pulled over to the side of the road and turned it off. I popped the hood and noticed trans fluid everywhere. My dad got underneath and noticed a hose lose. He tighten it up abit and put about 2 litres of trans fluid in it the car is still reving off it's head. How much trans fluid will it take until on the recommended line on the dipstick? Hoping I haven't done to much or any damage.

Mumbo

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
bout 4.2 litres (from empty)

alex2_s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Sedan Auto
No it's nearly 8L from empty, about 4.3 when you drop the sump (alot stays in the torque converter.)

Add another litre or so, then idle in neutral and keep adding until the dipstick is correct....

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Hey Guys,

Thanks for you help! It took about 5litres to get it back to the normal point on the dipstick. The trans lines clamps had become lose so tighten them up and she is good as gold. However it did cost me abit over $40 in trans fluid. Not to mention when we had finished, i went to take off up the road and it stalled on me.... Petrol always helps hey!

Mumbo

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
you got lucky there mate, i had the same thing happen to me in my VR Calais 5L, but by the time i made it to a servo it was too late, cooked the auto.