Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much wheel spin does your auto ecotec get?

PanthaVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-Pack SII
Oh how i love reading these rants!!!

ragrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6
main reason i brought this up is cause ive seen less powerfull cars spin wheels alot easier, fair enough a **** poor V6 may not be able to spin wheels by just nailing the throttle, but i also cant do it by playing with the brake.

other thing is i got a loan of the company car a few weeks ago, 2005 model toyota camry, front wheel drive V6, it spins wheels better than my car, what the? ive seen stock automatic 1.6 ltr cars spins wheels better than mine, and they have like 1/3rd the power..

so you see where im going with this?

EDIT: my bog stock EB falcon with a rooted auto also managed to smoke no worries, i could sit on the spot and and tear it up without batting an eyelid.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
FWD cars will always spin eaasier, as the weight transfers off the drive wheels on take-off.
Also, 1.6L cars etc usually have about 165 or 185 tyres on them. My mate thinks his 92 corolla is quicker than my VS coz it spins so easily.

The only way a standard auto v6 commodore will spin the wheels without brakes is with real crap tyres or in the wet.
I would go with the rear brakes being your 'problem'

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
funny ****. my misus VS spins the rear wheel easy enough (decent 17" wheels too). if it's wet it's not funy. tryingto turn out of our street is hazardous, there are crests in both directions, you can't see oncoming traffic more then about 40meters in one direction and 50 in the other. you think it's clear so you go, you see a car start to come over the crest of the hill so you give it more gas and all you get is wheelspin. the white line is murder for traction. all this and the tranny isn't 100% healthy either

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
mine spun them easy before i put the s/c engine in . now it spins threw all first and most 2nd from standing start with 18's spool

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
My vt spins em up fairly easy... My missus tromps it off the lights and it spins and kicks out a little

And the vt has alot more weight then the vs

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
This thread is hilarious!! A V6 is never going to spin the rears just by nailing the throttle from a stand still, end of story.

haha me mates vs calais spins them off teh line easy and it has a stuffed auto in it and its a v6!.................lmao!! my vn spins em pretty dam good off the line and while driving that 2 is a v6 :p

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
my VS auto ute used to spin both rear wheels no brake if you got the launch right or wrong depending on what you wanted to do lol.

Paiste402

My workin on the car face
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia
my bros VN (which is technically quicker than the VR/VS) can just do them. I had a VN and that cone just couldnt, i needed to use the brakes. U use just a little so the car wont roll forwards and then the rears light up, then u can ease off the brake and she will keep on going with the wheels spinning. So many wasted tyres! hahah fun tho