Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much would this bother you ?

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Soooooo
Managed to do this yesterday and not sure what to do...
It's rear passenger side...

I can just leave it as it is...
Repair for $120...
Or replace with new rim for $350...

******* annoying....

Over the last last 15 years I never scrached a wheel and then in last 12 months managed to do it twice...

I did something very similar to my black 19" wheels. I was distracted when I drove past my local dealership and they has a MY17 Spitfire green on display. Hit the concrete strip on the middle of the rd and took out a very small chunk of the wheel. Its annoying and I have been tempted to replace the wheel but I figured there are better things to spend $400 on so I just lived with it and applied some touch up.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I did something very similar to my black 19" wheels. I was distracted when I drove past my local dealership and they has a MY17 Spitfire green on display. Hit the concrete strip on the middle of the rd and took out a very small chunk of the wheel. Its annoying and I have been tempted to replace the wheel but I figured there are better things to spend $400 on so I just lived with it and applied some touch up.
I can understand anyone getting distracted by Spitfire. I'd go down the middle Ron and get it repaired.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
@Ron Burgundy I’m sticking with repair. $120 for a repair or $350 for a rim and $400 for a tire = min $700. Sh*t even I you need to get the repair repaired you can do that for the next 5ish years and still come out on top.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
@Ron Burgundy I’m sticking with repair. $120 for a repair or $350 for a rim and $400 for a tire = min $700. Sh*t even I you need to get the repair repaired you can do that for the next 5ish years and still come out on top.

Why $400 for a tyre? To me, it doesn't appear to be any damage to the tyre to warrant the replacement of it...

So that'd be $350 for the rim + $30 or so for a strip, fit and balance and keeping the rim ready for tyre to be fitted when replacements come around

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
I was thinking if he bought the rim and fitted it to the car and used the damaged one as a spare

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES
Gonna go against the flow and say it won't bother me after the 2nd day...

3/4 wheels on my car all have various degrees of gutter rash/scraps...

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
$120 sounds steep last wheels i got done were $90 each.

but yeah, i'd fix it just like any other bump or scrape.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
It just occured to me that the stock 18" spare will not fit brembo brakes....soooo new wheel it is ...