Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how much would you pay for manual conversion?

jmorrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
On trademe which is the nz equivilant to ebay theres a v6 t5 gearbox with ecu, drive shaft, and all the console to make an auto look factory manual for $2800nzd all installed which is $2130aud. just want to know if you guys think its worth it for a proper job or if thats to expensive. thanks

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
I wouldnt pay anything for it :p

You could probably buy a manual VS for close to that price (in Aus anyway)

As far as labour goes the conversion would probably be worth anything from $600-1000 not including parts depending on who does it.

Michael92

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 Vs Commodore
i bought my vs 5 speed for $3500, so its close

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
we probably have all the parts minus the box and flywheel sitting round we may sell

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I Aus i wouldnt pay more than 500 maybe another 200 if i had to buy an 8 bolt flywheel. I think people way overvalue manual conversion considering how old the boxes are and they wont be in the best condition

Thats not installed as id do it myself its quite easy

slutvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Ute series II
go on ebay man theres always new ones being listed. you could get a descent one for about 800 bucks but i think it would be well worth the effort to just clean and freshen it up before you put it in. but yeh like others said they are WAY overpriced cause they think they are rare as ****....

SENNY

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator LS1
i got my manual conversion done cost me $3000 all up with brand new heavy duty clutch, parts and labour.. (this was v8 too)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Mine was around $1500 (inc new clutch and lightened YT Flywheel). Took about 2/3 of a day to install. It's a straight forward job.

Reaper

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
On trademe which is the nz equivilant to ebay theres a v6 t5 gearbox with ecu, drive shaft, and all the console to make an auto look factory manual for $2800nzd all installed which is $2130aud. just want to know if you guys think its worth it for a proper job or if thats to expensive. thanks

If you dont have the tools and equipment to do the job yourself, yeah thats a good deal if they are doing it properly.

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
go on ebay man theres always new ones being listed. you could get a descent one for about 800 bucks but i think it would be well worth the effort to just clean and freshen it up before you put it in. but yeh like others said they are WAY overpriced cause they think they are rare as ****....

What's involved in a clean and freshen up of a gearbox?