Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much would you pay?

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
Hey all,

I put this to you;

Imagine you work for GM, and they put you specificially in charge in naming the price for each model variant, and what ever price you say sticks. So I was wondering, what prices people would be willing to pay for the ZB considering everything we know about them so far?

Just curious to see what people really think the ZB commodore should be worth, do you think it's too much or should be more?

Looking forward to having seeing where everyone is at :D

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I drove a turbo wagon last week. Super uninspiring when driven with any level of commitment. It just blends with most of the other cars on the market. I wouldn't name a price for any of them based on that, as I could never buy one or recommend one.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
How could anyone possibly name a price when we are not privy to the build costs of the vehicle?

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Whats a Mazda 6 sell for because thats what it looks like.

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
How could anyone possibly name a price when we are not privy to the build costs of the vehicle?
You don't really have to, based off other cars in the market you could give an estimate as to where you think it would sit.

dazinau

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
OK I'll have a crack....

I recon VXR needs to be a bit less than a stinger or Passat 206R line ... so say $53K?

Calais a bit less than that, can't remember what it misses out on compared to the VXR, brembos and adaptive dampers? So maybe $48

The RS 2.0T probably lines up with top models of Camry, Mazda 6 or Mondeo... say $42K?

Then something < 30 for the base to match with it's competitors from Mazda and Ford.

BUT it has the question over what it's going to be based on in 6 years time when the Insignia (as we know it anyway) is no more. Feels a little Rover-ish to me so personally even if I liked the car more than it's competitors I'd be really worried about resale. I think to sell in large numbers it will have to forget about lining up with Mazda 6 prices and set them lower than Ford Mondeo's.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
If a VF2 Redline could be had for 55K ( pre price gouging of 2017 models) then a imported featured up V6 pretend sports car like the VXR should be low 50K tops.
I priced a VXR on the Holden website and it was over 61K drive away. Laughed my arse off.
Price range to attract customers i reckon is 35k to 52k depending on variant.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Whats a Mazda 6 sell for because thats what it looks like.

Hey is Mazda 6 a six cylinder? Do they want people to wonder?
but the Mazda 6 is established in its segment, also the Mazda will get a facelift one day and then the Holden will look like it is a model behind the current Mazda 6.

If they want to do a "me too" with Mazda 6 then they can try and fail, but they should be doing a quick change of the front fenders headlights, vents and nose on the AWD to make it look like a Commodore and justify the extra value.

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Low 40's for top range models and price down from there. Can they make a profit on these at those prices? Probably not, but if my job was to shift them thats where they are going to need to be.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I'd start them at an introductory price of 25k for the first 20000 units because you need to get them out on the road filling the void of the VF. That way people would just walk in and buy it without wondering why the hell holden has started selling Mazda 6's.

Then bump the price up 5k for the next 20000. Soon you will establish the market value of the car.