Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much would you pay?

uz3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
OK I'll have a crack....

BUT it has the question over what it's going to be based on in 6 years time when the Insignia (as we know it anyway) is no more. Feels a little Rover-ish to me so personally even if I liked the car more than it's competitors I'd be really worried about resale. I think to sell in large numbers it will have to forget about lining up with Mazda 6 prices and set them lower than Ford Mondeo's.

Are you seriously implying Commodores traditionally hold a good resale? HA

Also doesnt Mazda only come with a 3 year warranty? If so, the ZB would compete well against a similar model Mazda.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Doesn't matter when your targeting women who will buy the mazda purely on the basis that it looks cute and all their friends have mazdas. How many young women do you see in new commodores?

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Are you seriously implying Commodores traditionally hold a good resale? HA

Compared to most other cars sold in Australia, yes Commodores have traditionally held excellent resale. Ever looked at Hyundai, or at the other end of the spectrum, Audi?

uz3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Doesn't matter when your targeting women who will buy the mazda purely on the basis that it looks cute and all their friends have mazdas. How many young women do you see in new commodores?

No sure what youre on about there mate. The ZB isnt competing with the Mazda 2 or 3, its competing with the 6 and the 6 isnt what women and their friends buy either.

uz3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Compared to most other cars sold in Australia, yes Commodores have traditionally held excellent resale. Ever looked at Hyundai, or at the other end of the spectrum, Audi?

If we compare the ZB with a Mazda 6 like everyone insists on doing here Redbook seems to prove you wrong. Look at a 2014 Mazda 6 and compare it to a standard 2014 Commodore - the Mazda appears to me to hold its value more.

Its hard to argue Commdores hold value when they lose half their value after 3 years.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
If we compare the ZB with a Mazda 6 like everyone insists on doing here Redbook seems to prove you wrong. Look at a 2014 Mazda 6 and compare it to a standard 2014 Commodore - the Mazda appears to me to hold its value more.

Its hard to argue Commdores hold value when they lose half their value after 3 years.

If we are talking "value", one could argue that the "value" of the Commodore has increased once the "price" decreases.

uz3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
If we are talking "value", one could argue that the "value" of the Commodore has increased once the "price" decreases.

You could argue that, you could also argue if Commodores were so valuable then their price wouldn't decrease.

So its probably best to stick with the universal method of valuation - price.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
You could argue that, you could also argue if Commodores were so valuable then their price wouldn't decrease.

So its probably best to stick with the universal method of valuation - price.

But price isn't the universal measurement of value.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps

I guess things have changed quite quickly for Aussie cars in the past few years and you're right, a VF will lose close to half its value in three years (so says Redbook). I don't remember it always being this bad for circa VY-VE era Commodores, in fact I remember Wheels Magazine rating Falcon XR6 and Commodore SV6 the least depreciating cars sold in Australia (somewhere around 2009?).

I'll stand by my original reply that there's plenty of worse depreciating cars being sold out there!