Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much would you pay?

RWD4ever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 ute
I guess things have changed quite quickly for Aussie cars in the past few years and you're right, a VF will lose close to half its value in three years (so says Redbook). I don't remember it always being this bad for circa VY-VE era Commodores, in fact I remember Wheels Magazine rating Falcon XR6 and Commodore SV6 the least depreciating cars sold in Australia (somewhere around 2009?).

I'll stand by my original reply that there's plenty of worse depreciating cars being sold out there!
There was a story about car depreciation (what to buy blah blah) on the idiot box recently, and the bloke claimed that used Commodores were now depreciating less.
Maybe since production ended....

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
That 'sale' was a joke. They literally raised the prices of their vehicles thousands of dollars a few days before the sale.
I had some of their cars saved as favourites on the carsales app and it shows the before and after price.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
That 'sale' was a joke. They literally raised the prices of their vehicles thousands of dollars a few days before the sale.
I had some of their cars saved as favourites on the carsales app and it shows the before and after price.

So breaching consumer law then.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
20180804_105443.png

Here's an example.
$15,870 on the Thursday......... and then could be had for only $28,990 during the sale!
Bargain...............

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Supply and demand. You want V8, you PAY....
Yeah but that Falcon is a 6 cylinder...that Dealer is surely kidding...more likely an advertising error?....otherwise I agree with VS 5.0, is this not totally illegal?

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Who cares about an N/A 6cyl falcon.....
Certainly not me...at either of those prices.
I guess they could always argue it has the same interior as their final model ie dated