Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

New Posts Contact us

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how much

matt_brown

New Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Members Ride
vz ss ute
ive lost my book how much oil does a 3.8 take i think its about 5 to 6 litres am i correct

if not can someone help me out with correct figures

cheers
 

VT-565

New Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
2,773
Reaction score
55
Points
0
Location
QLD
Members Ride
VT
i am pretty sure its about 4.8 or 4.85 litres. best off adding bit by bit and keep an eye on the dipstick....you should be doing that anyway, regardless on what the book says to put in! have fun
Cheers
Maniac
 

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Joined
Jun 7, 2006
Messages
1,059
Reaction score
11
Points
38
Location
North Coast , NSW
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
EcotecManiac said:
i am pretty sure its about 4.8 or 4.85 litres. best off adding bit by bit and keep an eye on the dipstick....you should be doing that anyway, regardless on what the book says to put in! have fun
Cheers
Maniac
Wrong.....;) Oil Capacity 4.8L for VT- VX

The VY gain a greater oil capacity due to a bigger sump.

Done a search

I'd say its 6.1L:whistling
 

VT-565

New Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
2,773
Reaction score
55
Points
0
Location
QLD
Members Ride
VT
WAGON MAN said:
Wrong.....;) Oil Capacity 4.8L for VT- VX
The VY gain a greater oil capacity due to a bigger sump.
Done a search
I'd say its 6.1L:whistling
"....Just had a look in the service manual as suggested. Says approx 5.6L with filter change...."
i'd say that instead :p
 

matt_brown

New Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Members Ride
vz ss ute
ive given it about approx 5.5 still reading slightly low so maybe put another 300mls in this morning see how its traveling then
 

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Joined
Jun 7, 2006
Messages
1,059
Reaction score
11
Points
38
Location
North Coast , NSW
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
VYIIbartman said:
Just had a look in the service manual as suggested. Says approx 5.6L with filter change.
thanks to all involved.
cheers
---B
I'd say :p

Nice work Ecotecmanic ;)
 
Top