Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How not to built an L67

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Man I miss the sc days - there were some awesome ride threads on there among all the bullshit. Was great to have the leaderboards of the forced induction 6’s up there too - I found it very interesting.
Haven’t heard about FIT in a long time. Wonder what happened there.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Not sure tbh...when the buick & ecotec kits were released for production they broke away from SC with their own forum?

Thinking most of the v6 market were young p platers with very little money & big dreams so it died slow death...got to admit Scotty's V6 Vengence series brought in alot of business/attention.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Yeah l67 torque is still around, I just logged on for the first time in over 5 years lol. Not much happening over there really - but there wasn’t much happening when I joined either.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Must have thought if they went out on their own that a large number of members would follow.

What really happened was the p plate dudes either fell out of cars or as disposable income increased they bought faster cars instead of building them.

Losh...turbo kit with a small snail will do the job easily enough.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
L67 forum almost fell over last month. I think facebook killed a lot of forums and has reduced traffic at other forums a fair bit. People want answers NOW! and it they don't get it they throw a wobbly and you never see them again.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
What have things come to when people don’t understand a forum layout or concept? In my day we would post on forums all the time. We’d use forums for everything.

We can't bust cylinder heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter,you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow terra ones...

I’m old and I’m running out of popcorn to read this thread.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
yeah nah yeah nah yeah yeah eetswa 100%.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Onions, I frikkin love onions!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Poor old Scotty is eatin’ onions like Tony Abbott with that VN.

I still like the series though. It’s telling a great story in many different ways. Highs and lows of building something.

My eye twitches when ever he trolls people like me and uses a shifter.

He’ll be eatin’ apples at the end though.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I hear ya about the shifters.