Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how often would front castor bushes wear on vz wagon driven lightly???

mattyr82

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 colorado diesel 4wd automatic. 2010 mazda 3
ive had this wagon for almost 1 year, i got a rwc done by st albans exhaust centre, they knocked the front castor bushes, so my dad went down to holden and bought genuine bushes and the shop fitted them, all up cost $500-600.
anyway yesterday i got some new tyres fitted and upon trying to do a wheel alignment, the guy tells me theres too much play in the front end, and the castor bushes need changing, he also explains that to do the job properly, u should at the same time change the lower control arm bushes, he says he uses nolathane and they are blue or red in colour and can do the whole job incl wheel alignment for $380.
under brakes i can feel the car shudder a bit, is that the symptoms of worn castor bushes, and to tell u the truth i think it was still shuddering when it was driven after the original change, im skeptical that they did the job in the 1st place, i remember putting my head under there and seeing the metal plates and they were shiny but didnt look brand new shiny, its possible that they undid the plates, polished them on the bench grinder thing and put them back on, i mean surely bushes should last longer than 9 mths? shouldnt they or am i being paranoid, also what do u think i should do about this??? thanks. p.s its driven by my missus daily prob 20-25 thou km a year.

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
$380 for the work quoted is quite cheap. Just make sure they are genuine Nolathane or Superpro. Not cheap imports.

Yeah the OEM bushes should have lasted much longer. Maybe you can get replacement or refund if you still have the receipt.
Yeah your paranoid!:rofl2:

Last edited by a moderator:

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Good Bushes should last 100,000 k's so something funny going on in your case unless she has a habbit of slamming gutters and jumping medians when you are not watching.